• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Star Wars EP VII: Heir to the Force (Prolonged Reveal)

ThrowgnCpr said:
DigModiFicaTion said:
I can share my blender template file as a resource for future crawl creations if anyone would like.​

This would be a great help to the community. One of our members created an After Effects template a while back (here), but a free option for PC users would be great. Please post in the technical section when you're ready to share. Thanks!

Sure thing! Are there protocols for the file and how to post it?

Nothing really required. As long as nothing is propritary or pay, you can post a link to the template in the thread (use the Other Technical Help forum). It would be helpful if you wrote up instructions on how to use the template. Screenshots are often helpful.

I wouldn’t know, really… I liked how you had envisioned it originally, even though not ‘absolutely “Star Wars-y”’ if you catch my point

Canon, I think my issue is that it adds like a 4th sub title

Star Wars
Episode VII
Force Awakens
Specters of the Past

That is just a bit :s . 

I was never a fan of that title anyways, since the force was always there just in different people.

Star Wars
Episode VII
Specters of the Past

Is a much better title.

I'd drop "The Force Awakens". If it's Star Wars Episode 7, people will see that it is Episode 7 and automatically know that it was originally The Force Awakens without any confusion. It looks weird with both, it sounds weird, it's cumbersome, and unnecessary. Of course it is your choice.

Combo platter: The Prolonged Awakens

or The Force Spectatens

article-2365170-0D5644D000000578-435_306x423.jpg

Right!!  I see where and why you are going with that!  Good luck, Dig!

ssj said:
Combo platter: The Prolonged Awakens

or The Force Spectatens

article-2365170-0D5644D000000578-435_306x423.jpg

Spoiler Alert! ssj just revealed the scene where Kylo Ren takes off his mask....thanks :p

About 6 hours left on the render and another 2-3 for the upload.

haha. in the tv's frink version, that might be the case!
________

2-3 hours for the upload? wish i had your internet schpeed.

Quick update

Sorry for the delay all. Finals week snuck up on me, we had impromptu company over, grandparents visiting, other grandma in the hospital for a week now..... just a lot going on. I won't be back home for a couple of days and so won't be able to upload until then.  I'll take the extra time to render a 720p 4gb preview option for those that would prefer that. Thank you for your ongoing interest and support.

DigModiFicaTion said:
Quick update

Sorry for the delay all. Finals week snuck up on me, we had impromptu company over, grandparents visiting, other grandma in the hospital for a week now..... just a lot going on. I won't be back home for a couple of days and so won't be able to upload until then.  I'll take the extra time to render a 720p 4gb preview option for those that would prefer that. Thank you for your ongoing interest and support.

No worries mate, life has to happen and we just have to put that above all else. And as for the 4gb preview you can count me as interested :)

DigModiFicaTion said:
Quick update

Do not worry!  It is all normal!  Best wishes from the Community!

Alright, preview has been uploaded and PM's have been sent. A huge Thank You to everyone who has supported, skimmed through, tolerated, and/or simply acknowledged this project. I greatly appreciate the support! Looking forward to hearing your critiques :)

If you didn't receive a PM and want to view it, please let me know. It is available for streaming for those who don't wish to download. Thanks!

Thanks for the PM, I'll be back as soon as possible with feedback :)

I'll take a PM for the stream. Can probably watch Monday or Tuesday.

Just got done with it. Overall, I really, really like how your work with keeping Kylo masked throughout the key interrogation scenes flowed in the movie, you kept the angles routinely fresh and any you reused did'nt linger for long, I liked how all the bits with Snoke, though, maybe it was a trick of the eye, but I think there was a slowed down shot of masked Kylo after Snoke is informed of the resistance location. I could be wrong, feel free to correct me there.

I still could have done without the beasties in the spaceport, but this is your edit, not mine, and it might be others cup of tea.

Thanks for sharing, I think you've got something special here

Zarius said:
Just got done with it. Overall, I really, really like how your work with keeping Kylo masked throughout the key interrogation scenes flowed in the movie, you kept the angles routinely fresh and any you reused did'nt linger for long, I liked how all the bits with Snoke, though, maybe it was a trick of the eye, but I think there was a slowed down shot of masked Kylo after Snoke is informed of the resistance location. I could be wrong, feel free to correct me there.

I still could have done without the beasties in the spaceport, but this is your edit, not mine, and it might be others cup of tea.

Thanks for sharing, I think you've got something special here

Thanks Zarius! :)

Yes, that scene was slowed down in order to cover Kylo Ren's unmasked turn and embarrassment shot as Hux approaches. Upon test renders it didn't have that delayed look, but in the full render it does. I'll be thinking of ways to correct that.
I too do not care for the Rathtars, but I felt it was needed to get Han and Chewie into the movie and get them off that freighter. The scene still feels more like an Indiana Jones movie rather than a Star Wars movie to me. I might revisit the music editing on that scene to enter it earlier in the Rathtar scramble.

I greatly appreciate your support in this edit! :)

Back
Top Bottom