• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR TREK Wrath of the Augments

Menbailee said:
Congratulations, BionicBob: you convinced me to pay money for Enterprise. This certainly wasn't managed by Berman & Braga.

Thanks buddy. Though for me, season four is definitely Buy-Worthy. ;-)

1. Is there any reason the 1st and 2nd Orion attack couldn't be combined into the same event, thus skipping the entire annoying kidnapping subplot? It's ridiculous and feels out of place, and although it provides an explanation for the crew's mistrust of Soong and for the Augments knowing where to find him, these things don't actually need much explaining.

Yep it could have been all cut and I did consider it. But as a Treknerd, I love the Orions, and after decades of talking/hinting about them, this is our real first look at their society, so for me it had to stay.

2. Soong's talk of his cybernetics work taking generations to complete was a little too ham-fisted, even for Enterprise. Could've done without it. We all already understood that this guy's descendant would create Data.

I whole heartedly agree. It is a very awkward scene. I have tons of problems with it. But the story needed some sort of closure and any trimming of that last scene just felt off. It would have been so much better if they had gone with their original plan and instead of Soong, gone with Colonel Green.... sigh... what might have been....

3. I think I'm the only person in the world who appreciated Enterprise's original intro sequence. I wouldn't say that I liked it, exactly, but I appreciated that they were trying to do something different and distinctive from the orchestral scores we were all accustomed to. It's one of the only things about Enterprise that even tried to be original. That said, I like Bob's reworked intro; it looks professional, as if it's supposed to be that way.

I actually don't mind the season one and two version of Faith of the Heart. But I had lots of fun making this alternate, more traditional, version. :)

Here is THE EUGENICS WARS bonus feature off of the dvd.....

There is a password on the RAR and quite obviously I have no idea what it is or why there is?

man_friday said:
There is a password on the RAR and quite obviously I have no idea what it is or why there is?

Most likely it's "fanedit.org".

THANK YOUS to Corz, TM2YC and Garp for taking the time to post reviews in IFDB this past week.

...there's a few story flaws where the crew gets captured but you don't see it happen..

There are only a couple of places where it's noticeable that something has been cut - the crew getting captured at the lab, for example

All seem to note the capture of Archer on Cold Station 12 does not flow as clearly as I had hoped. Sorry guys.:-(
I knew going in this would be the weakest point of the edit with the removal of Smike and the role he played in their capture... ya win some, ya lose some... ;-)

TM2YC I really enjoyed your in depth review, in particular your comparisons to TOS and the inherent weakest of the Enterprise series. Even though season four had new showrunners and more interesting stories (to me atleast), while editing these three episodes the "tired formula" of the show really became apparent. As you pointed out, Trek episodes follow a precise pattern in act structure and commercial breaks and after 30 years of this, any long time fan can almost predict what is going to happen next. Also, I noted there is too much "safe" padding in these episodes, repetitive exposition is continually employed instead of using a scene to explore characters or actual ideas the way TOS did. When editing this project I saw so much wasted potential. But I still consider season four light years better than seasons one and two, and encourage any long time Trek fan to watch it.

Glad everyone seems to like The Eugenics Wars, it was a blast to make. I do believe it might play better if it was narrated rather than be text based, but I honestly believe no one on the is planet or any other, wants to hear my whiney voice.... LOL.:lol:

Keep on Trekking.... :)

This one sounds like fun. Looking forward to seeing and reviewing it!

PM Sent

A shout out of THANKS to [MENTION=23904]Agent9[/MENTION] for posting a review!

I am glad it was an enjoyable watch for you. :)

[MENTION=7230]TheFoo[/MENTION] thanks for posting a review! :)

The story was outstanding, and it was fairly well self-contained. I feel that someone unfamiliar with Enterprise, or even Star Trek, could watch this and have a pretty good idea of what was going on.

That is great news to me. While I strive whenever possible to make my b-movie edits as accessible as possible for the uninitiated, I never really know if I fully succeed since I am so familiar with the material and can not always view them empirically.

bionicbob said:
While I strive whenever possible to make my b-movie edits as accessible as possible for the uninitiated, I never really know if I fully succeed since I am so familiar with the material and can not always view them empirically.

You certainly managed it this time. Well done! And by the way, the menus look great and the cover looks outstanding with my other Trek DVDs.

Awesome job Bob... posted my review on the IFDB. Maybe you could have a go at a Voyager edit? ;)

Thanks for great review LS! Very happy you enjoy the adventure. :)

LastSurvivor said:
Awesome job Bob... posted my review on the IFDB. Maybe you could have a go at a Voyager edit? ;)

VOYAGER???? I dunno.... I have gone on the record in numerous threads that Voyager is my least favorite Trek series. Not certain what episodes would be worthy of a movie style cut?

I might return to Enterprise again.... I think the Xindi Arc could be cut into an epic movie. And as you pointed out in your review, Enterprise had one of the worst series finales ever, so I am very tempted to create something more satisfying....

And while I know you don't care for DS9, it is my absolute favorite Trek series after TOS, and I would love to do something with it at some point in the future....;-)

bionicbob said:
And as you pointed out in your review, Enterprise had one of the worst series finales ever, so I am very tempted to create something more satisfying....

I'm very intrigued by that notion. One Trek reviewer I watch wishes the finale were about Riker looking at a vide recording, not a holographic recreation, and trying to find inspiration from one of Archer's missions because Riker is on a smilar one, but I don't know if you can cobble the proper footage.

I think if I were to create a proper finale, I would endeavor to cut Riker and Troi out completely.
Also, I would not kill Trip. ;)

bionicbob said:
Yep it could have been all cut and I did consider it. But as a Treknerd, I love the Orions, and after decades of talking/hinting about them, this is our real first look at their society, so for me it had to stay.

Ha ha ha! I thought that may be the reasoning. I had to explain to my girlfriend why the seemingly pointless scenes with the Orions were a meaningful shout-out to Trek nerds. Non-Trek-nerds might be better without those scenes... but Trek nerds are clearly your primary audience here!

I think if I were to create a proper finale, I would endeavor to cut Riker and Troi out completely.
Also, I would not kill Trip. ;-)

I agree with you about removing pointless and badly-done deaths, and about excising Riker and Troi entirely. I'm all about killing beloved characters if it's meaningful to the story and dramatically powerful, and the killing of Trip did not qualify.

I've been holding back on writing a review because of the way scores seem to work these days, where it seems as if anything below a 9 is bad. If I'm marking a 7 for overall enjoyment for something that I wouldn't even have finished watching in the original, that's darned good, but I don't want it to lower your average review ratings. :p

I'm with you about Voyager, though it did have some good episodes buried in there. Since it so resolutely avoided character development or extended story arcs, the few episodes that might be worth editing would work as one-offs. DS9 is a whole different story. DS9 would ideally be edited as an entire series--and that is a sizable undertaking. The ten-episode finale arc, for example, could probably be compressed into something riveting. Maybe it's worth waiting for the blu-rays that hopefully will come along when they're finished with TNG?

Menbailee said:
. . . I've been holding back on writing a review because of the way scores seem to work these days, where it seems as if anything below a 9 is bad. If I'm marking a 7 for overall enjoyment for something that I wouldn't even have finished watching in the original, that's darned good, but I don't want it to lower your average review ratings. :p

I'm with you about Voyager, though it did have some good episodes buried in there. Since it so resolutely avoided character development or extended story arcs, the few episodes that might be worth editing would work as one-offs. DS9 is a whole different story . . .

Man oh man, do I read you about ratings. I have always scored on a low curve here because of sensitivity.
Lot of time, thought and effort goes into editing, and if a first time editor sees their "11" gets a "6", they might become a one and done editor.
I recall a thread chastising members for low scores, but I have never been able to relocate it.

Voyager was always my favorite - and most infuriating - of all TrekWorld spinoffs.
Feminist overtones, the lost ship, and the intro of a pair of interesting aliens: the Hirogen and Species 8472.
As always, a Federation starship was a luxurious vessel to be stranded in.

Maybe a Voyager trilogy that addresses the stranding, the few bits of character progression, the various jumps back toward the Alpha Quadrant, the transition from Kes to Seven, the Pathfinder project, and the eventual return home?

thumbs up to a season 3 movie about the xindi, which in my opinion was the best of Enterprise. Regarding the series finale, I could even see using clips from the series finale forming the federation as being the end of the season 3 movie. That was telegraphed during some of the season 3 time travel scenes with the chef/timelord.

would be tough and potentially looooong though. Season 1-2 were like 'alien of the week' procedurals. Season 4 was like a string of 3 episode long mini-series. Season 3 though was in many ways a 24 episode long serial. May end up needing to be like the Prison Break fanedit trilogy, where you cut out all the side plots and stick to the xindi...but it still ends up requiring multiple movies to really tell it properly.

Here is a fan film project I have been following for a while, STAR TREK HORIZON -- set during the Enterprise era, they have released their first teaser and the production values looks INCREDIBLE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom