• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR TREK "This Other Eden"--V.2 Complete

Hmmm ... I just tried to read about Star Trek: The Other Eden, but all that popped up was the dlc file.
Probably just a glitch. Anyone know the ID number extension after .org/ for Other Eden?

Vultural said:
Hmmm ... I just tried to read about Star Trek: The Other Eden, but all that popped up was the dlc file.
Probably just a glitch. Anyone know the ID number extension after .org/ for Other Eden?

http://fanedit.org/13653/

I'll make sure that gets fixed.

I also moved your post to the proper thread.

Vultural said:

Let me google that for you.

[Edit: whoops. Neg got to it first. Neg, you don't just give him the link, GOSH!]

Rogue - thank you for the EPIC COVER ART for bionicbob's Trek saga. :)

bionicbob - are you going to be making version 2's of your first four Trek edits? :eek:

QuickCut said:
Rogue - thank you for the EPIC COVER ART for bionicbob's Trek saga. :)

165295_o.gif

QuickCut said:
bionicbob - are you going to be making version 2's of your first four Trek edits? :eek:

I get asked this question a lot.

The honest answer, I don't know.

Unlike THIS OTHER EDEN where I still had the original files, so it was an easy matter of just going back in and fixing the things I did not like, to go back and do second versions of my other Trek edits would mean rebuilding completely from scratch, which is a big time commitment. So then the question becomes do I want to go back and re-do my past edits or do I want to move forward and try new edit?

So again, I don't know...

In the meantime, I guess I will try to re-upload my original 4X3 Letterbox versions when time allows.:)

And yes, the dvd artwork by Rogue is utterly outstanding and breathtaking. The man is a true Artist!

Any excuse to resurrect an old thread..... :D

Apparently the fan created remastering of FINAL FRONTIER has been completed is being shown to Shatner and CBS/Paramount....

http://trekweb.com/stbbs/showThread...6ad8aa7c00&viewby=&sort=&order=#51d6ad8aa7c00

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=218890

I don't know if anything will come of this, but it would be cool. Honestly, I don't understand why Paramount didn't accept Shatner's dvd director's cut proposal when they did TMP DC, it seems like an obvious cash cow and Paramount loves to milk the Trek fans. I know I would buy it. Then again, they are cheap and probably did not want to pay Shatner's fee.

That is awesome news for an underrated film! I wish they knew about this site and released it on FE.info or something instead, because I am afraid showing it to the powers that be will result in it vanishing to the vaults of oblivion :(

darth_ender said:
That is awesome news for an underrated film! I wish they knew about this site and released it on FE.info or something instead, because I am afraid showing it to the powers that be will result in it vanishing to the vaults of oblivion :(

I am pretty certain they are aware of our site, as other editors, including myself, have contacted them in the past. But yes, I share you fear. Paramount might slap some court order on them after viewing preventing them from releasing the fan edit.

Just want to say THANK YOU to [MENTION=28123]bentonquest[/MENTION] for posting a review. I am glad you enjoyed it so much.

This is my favorite TREK edit I have done and I think it is one of my few edits where I accomplished everything I set out to do. So it makes me smile to see this edit still getting some attention after all this time.:)

While searching the net to try and find out whatever happened to the STAR TREK V ENHANCED EDIT project,
I stumbled across this treasure! Another editor has created new FX shots for Final Frontier and they are gorgeous!!!

The lens flare would lend itself well to the great barrier sequence...just sayin'....:-D

[MENTION=28628]Anarchemist[/MENTION] has posted another review... THANK YOU you very much! :):):)

I am so glad you are getting so much fun and entertainment from these Trek edits. While I make these fan edits firstly for myself, it is wonderful to know that the edit "worked" for other people and that they bring pleasure to them.

Keep on Trekking! ;-)

Necro thread resurrection time!!! LOL!

Just wanted to do some shameless self promotion.... I created a 6in1 cover art for this Trek edit series, and thought I would post it here too for those who may be curious....  :D

IAtDJj9l.jpg

Today, June 9, 2019, is the 30th Anniversary of THE FINAL FRONTIER!!!   :D

A flawed film for sure, but better imo than many give it credit.  Yes, the FX suck.  But the movie has great character moments for the Trek Trinity and a loopy fun plot that could have been lifted directly from the TOS Third Season.  And the soundtrack by Jerry Goldsmith is spectacular!!!

And in retrospect, unlike the later Next Gen or Kelvin Movies which washed, rinsed and repeated the same Revenge plot in every movie,, at least the Original Cast movies had the courage to make each movie different and unique.

And for those who still find Final Frontier to painful to watch, remember...
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzJAebfEIg[/video]

THANK YOU @Eyepainter for your very thorough and well articulated review.
It is very much appreciated. 😊

And FYI, once the new blu ray drops in September, I do plan on going back and revisiting this fan edit and doing a cinematic version. 🖖

Back
Top Bottom