• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

STAR TREK "The Khitomer Conspiracy"

Jono11 thank you very much for your review.

****SPOILERS BELOW***** Great edit. But for basically two things, this would be my go-too version of the film. My only issues are basically differences of taste. You said from the outset that you wanted this to be a kitchen-sink fanboy edit, and it's those choices that bugged me. Future Guy was actually pretty well integrated, and while I wouldn't personally have put him in, I totally get what you're going for. The changeling, on the other hand, I didn't think was well executed and I'd like to see a copy of this edit with that sliced out. Plus, if I'm to believe that the Dominion was behind the entire plot, shouldn't I see changelings at the very beginning, when Praxis is bombed? I also would have liked to see, in the postscript, a little more of an explanation on the role played by the Enterprise crew in the temporal war, what Future Guy was trying to accomplish by getting involved with this whole thing, why the Dominion's plans and Future Guy's plans dovetailed so nicely, and whether or not--as hinted--Nero, the destruction of Romulus, and the alternate timeline movies have anything to do with all of this.

In regards to the Changlings; you do see them on Praxis. The Klingons who planted the Omega Particle Bombs were Changlings. That is why I kept the close up shots of Rene "ODO" Auberjonois as a Klingon to connect him to Colonel West. I admit it is not crystal clear (plus you have to make the assumptions many Changlings look alike, which makes no logical sense... or does it... I mean why do all Changling has the same slicked back hair and same colour clothing as Odo? LOL!) but I think I left enough breadcrumbs to connect the dots.

In regards to FutureGuy; I did establish in the postscript he was a future Romulan agent and the Temporal War was part of a planned Time Invasion by the future Romulan Empire. I also made it clear the Khitomer Signing is a Key Historical Point that the Romulans wanted to alter, thus they were taking advantage of the Dominion Conspiracy to alter events in their favor. Though I admit, it is very Timey Wimey.... hee hee!

As for the exact specifics of the Temporal War and the role a resurrected Kirk and rejuvenated crew played in ending it, I purposely kept vague. As to me the details do not matter. It is the mythical element that was important to me. Kirk and his crew are alive in the 24th Century, and they are out there doing what they do better than anyone else -- exploring the galaxy and keeping the final frontier safe.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts. :)

Thanks [MENTION=4825]Zarius[/MENTION] for posting a review.:)

The only negative I have to give it is the write-up at the end talking about the fates of the crew...it feels too tacked on and has a whiff of fanfilm to it, I don't have a problem with that sort of thing, but it's such a stark difference from the professional job and visual quality that preceeded it.

Sorry that the crew's legacy epilogue did not appeal to you. But I was up front when I originally described this final Trek (or so I thought at the time...LOL) edit was a no apologies, kitchen sink, fan boy trekfest. Definitely not for everyone. ;-):D

Don't worry Bob, I understand, that was the only niggle I had with the edit, other things like the Changelings and Future Guy are the kind of fanficy spins I can't get enough of and that did it for me plenty.:)

WOW!!! A perfect 10 score from [MENTION=28628]Anarchemist[/MENTION] !!!

You are way, way, waaaaaayyyyyy too generous. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REVIEW. :)

But I gotta admit, it makes me smile to know someone has enjoyed these edits so much. They were a joy to make and the fact others are still downloading to watch them is a wonderful feeling. Again, thanks for taking the time to post.

You are very welcome! I may have been a little over-generous. I'm feeling a little guilty about a review I left for Star Wars: The Epic Picture. It was less generous :-o

Star Wars????

What's that???? ;-)

Back
Top Bottom