• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star trek: Into darkness fan edit

- The grade is looking good again!

- I really don't like "and I should care about this because?". To me it sounds a bit childish. Just my taste. Maybe something more classical like "and what of it?", or "and why should we care?", or "It is of no concern to us". Something like that.

- The removal is decent enough but I didn't feel the Klingon lacked honour. We are shown that he knows she is lying to him before he attacks.

- Personnal taste but... I wouldn't go with a classic "prime" font for the subs, stick with a JJ-Trek font.

By the way... it's a shame the subs are hard-encoded into the IMAX version, I'd have liked to have a play with them myself.

The alternate dialogue from the deleted scene is pretty good, it might suggest ideas...

Thank you @"TM2YC" for providing that deleted/alternative scene :) already my mind has been racing over new possibilities and how dialogue should be played out.

I made my own Blu Ray cover (if any one else wants to contribute I will still gladly use them, not to worry ;) ) and an actual teaser as the edit finally nears completion, for real this time  :D .

^ You can't use a mega link as an image post. It's just broken.

Nice trailer. It looks the colour grade is radically different.

ST_SOW_BLU_RAY_COVER.jpg

Noted and taken care of! Thanks for pointing that out, and for the like on my trailer ;) I believe this is my 6th attempt at finding the perfect regrade, and it looks like I found the cure :)

Nice cover. I haven't seen those pictures so it's nice and fresh. Has an old sci-fi feel to it. I'd recommend making it so your "An Ironman23 Edit" doesn't cover Cumberbatch's face like some A shaped visor. He's Doctor Strange, not Captain America ;)

I like the cover design but it looks a bit cluttered to me.

Maybe something a little more like this.....?

mzAxGMT.jpghttp:

Nice trailer. Looking forward to this one ironman. :)
Love the cover too, and bb suggestions. Artwork is fantastic - where'd you get it?

Very nice covers!  Congratulations both @"ironman23" and @"bionicbob"

dangermouse said:
Nice trailer. Looking forward to this one ironman. :)
Love the cover too, and bb suggestions. Artwork is fantastic - where'd you get it?

:D Thank you, glad to see the effort paid off! I actually had to hunt down the artwork ( legally of course ) online and then tinker with it a bit. Glad to see people getting excited for this, gives me all the more reason to continue ;)

Canon Editor said:
Very nice covers!  Congratulations both @"ironman23" and @"bionicbob"

Thank you very much with the kind words!

dangermouse said:
Artwork is fantastic - where'd you get it?

It's by a pro poster designer called "Paul Shipper". Check out the awesome gallery on his website...

http://paulshipperstudio.com/work

Quite a few covers for Scream-Factory and Arrow-Video.

TM2YC said:
It's by a pro poster designer called "Paul Shipper". Check out the awesome gallery on his website...

http://paulshipperstudio.com/work

Quite a few covers for Scream-Factory and Arrow-Video.

Love Paul Shipper!  His style reminds me of Drew Struzan, the god of alll-time-awesome movie posters! :D

Well everyone, we knew it was eventually gonna come down to this... I have just finished and completed the edit! :D Submission has just been sent, I could not have done it without any one of you who contributed one way or another!

Congratulations. Thread moved. I'll post the ifdb article tomorrow.

Thank you :D feels pretty good now that I finished, just hope people find enjoyment in it now ;)

Congrats on finishing! :D  by the looks of the videos and images it seems to be great, would love to check it out.

I also would love to check this out. Huge Trek fan here, but can't find a link in the obvious location.

chyron8472 said:
I also would love to check this out. Huge Trek fan here, but can't find a link in the obvious location.

Then please PM the editor and read the rules.

Back
Top Bottom