• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

STAR TREK CONTINUES: THE MOVIE FINALE to The Original Series

This is a light edit with bookended changes including new end credits, some clunky dialogue removal and a few VFX replaced to facilitate new captions. The penultimate episode cliffhanger and second episode recaps have been seamlessly removed for a 100 minute movie experience as The crew of the Enterprise embark on their final mission. After 5 years they encounter many past challenges and phenomena leaving the crew exactly where Star Trek The Motion Picture picks up from.

I would urge all to seek out this outstanding series...and start with Episode 3....

Even John DeLancie and the Original Apollo are in this...

With so many re-castings of Spock and Kirk, I have become completely accustomed to the cast of Star Trek continues and Star Trek new voyages.

Even Rod Roddenberry considers Star Trek continues as superb and let’s face it, that third episode, “fairest of them all”, is just absolutely outstanding.

When I first watched the Star Trek continues finale, i regarded it as one of the top ten Star Trek episodes ever made….

The fact that they were permitted to complete those episodes after the guidelines came out is just a gift to all track fans. The original score for that last episode. It is also breathtakingly good

So that’s why I made the edit, just to bring it together as a single event. Tweak a few things and have a more satisfying experience overall

I hope by putting the edit out that it will bring these exceptional series to more viewers since they deserve a wider following.

HIDDEN FRONTIER
NEW VOYAGES/ PHASE II
STARSHIP INTREPID
STARSHIP FARRAGUT

STAR TREK CONTINUES

These were the fan created shows that fed me during the Trek Wilderness Years.

While the production values may vary, there is no denying the incredible passion and love that went into these fan productions.
And, now in hindsight, imo, it truly remarkable how they got more right, and did better, than much of the modern Paramount Plus era.

The Big Two Trek fan series were James Cawley's NEW VOYAGES and Vic Mignogna's CONTINUES.
Though it should be noted, Mignogna began with and was heavily involved with NV, until there was an apparent falling out.

Both web series produced some incredible episodes more than worthy of Trek canon! Though in terms of polished material, STC might have the slight edge, as STNW always struggled with audio issues. But on the other hand, Cawley's series was far more ambitious in the FX department, creating some gloriously beautiful CGI shots.

Unfortunately, Cawley's series seemed to implode after Mignogna's departure, with the eventual final nail being the Paramount Guidelines issued after the Axanar scandal. But don't feel too badly for Cawley, as he brokered a sweet deal with Paramount, turning his fantastic set into an official Star Trek tourist attraction. Though the downside, various episodes he had in different stages of production had to be scuttled.

Mignogna's two part series finale is a loving tribute to Star Trek. While I always thought the story was a bit too Book-Endy, I can not deny that it is a great piece of entertainment with some wonderful emotional beats for our heroes.

All this preamble is just my way of saying, I am very EXCITED for this edit! :love:

Back
Top Bottom