• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sports

TVs Frink said:
Huey_Lewis_and_the_News_-_Sports.png

giphy.gif

TM2YC said:
Any sport involving horses is sitting down right? Chariot Racing has been an Olympic sport since 680 BC... just saying :D .

^^^ Is that a Velociraptor skull?

For my Grandfather and Grandmother who worked at the track and were horse racing fans, and my father who was also horse racing,  I declare horse racing a sport.

My Grandfather and Grandmother worked in a bar and were billiards fans.  That doesn't make billiards a sport.

My Grandfather played billiards.  In fact he had a billiard table in his house.   My father and my Grandmother said he was pretty good.

My Granddad thought
Nig-nog
was a pc term... He also liked cricket.

Grandparents can be wrong about things.

I am pretty sure my Grandmother and my Father were right about my Grandfather being a good billiards player.

Warbler said:
I am pretty sure my Grandmother and my Father were right about my Grandfather being a good billiards player.

Tempted to change thread name to "Sports + Warbler's Grandfather's Skill at Non-Sport Activities."

I seem to recall not being very good at horseshoes.

They should make tree climbing a sport. Person with the fastest climb wins. Those that fall are disqualified, but you wear a helmet and there's a trampoline at the bottom to help break your fall. There could be three categories: Maple tree climbing, Pine tree climbing and Birch tree climbing. No special climb-assisting gear allowed like spiked shoes or ropes or what have yous. You have to run 1 kilometer of difficult terrain to the tree and immediately climb it. I'm half-joking.

TVs Frink said:
"Sports + Warbler's Grandfather's Skill at Non-Sport Activities."

Available now as a special limited edition bundle from Chrysalis Records

Rogue-theX said:

How are you at hand grenades?

TVs Frink said:
Rogue-theX said:

How are you at hand grenades?

do they even have grenades were Rogue is from?

Oh wait, yep. Not so good apparently:

fire-in-the-ooooooh-shit-16356.gif

TVs Frink said:
Warbler said:

Tempted to change thread name to "Sports + Warbler's Grandfather's Skill at Non-Sport Activities."

*sigh*

Rogue-theX said:

They should make tree climbing a sport. Person with the fastest climb wins. Those that fall are disqualified, but you wear a helmet and there's a trampoline at the bottom to help break your fall. There could be three categories: Maple tree climbing, Pine tree climbing and Birch tree climbing. No special climb-assisting gear allowed like spiked shoes or ropes or what have yous. You have to run 1 kilometer of difficult terrain to the tree and immediately climb it. I'm half-joking.

You should check out an arborist competition sometime. Pretty cool stuff.

Moe_Syzlak said:
Rogue-theX said:

You should check out an arborist competition sometime. Pretty cool stuff.

These are fun to watch. I took a lot of forestry courses in college, and the department had one of these events every year.

Does a Naturalist abhor an Abhorist?

Back
Top Bottom