• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man: The Unaired Pilot:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spider-Man: The Unaired Pilot:

(This review will focus on the VHS version)

When Bobson first announced this project...I admit, I bought into it, I thought he'd discovered something lurking on the 'lost media' wing of the internet and wanted to edit it, but no, turns out this miraculous little thing was of his own design, and boy did he commit to it.

This project shows a considerable range of Bobson's talents and deep love of retro medium. Here he puts together an edit with all the trademark tropes of the VHS tape...bad tracking, jumpy screens, hazy quality, see what happens when you don't take care of your tapes folks? What would have really made my day is that at some point, you find some bum has taped over whole sections of the movie with an episode of a regular tv show, but maybe that would have taken someone out of the immersion.

The attention to detail on how pilot tapes are constructed is also pulled off superbly. If you scour the internet you can find plenty of legitimate pilots that have the same kind of detail before and after the presentation that Bobson obviously took influence from, it is not only entertaining, but informal if you've never seen how one of these things go.

The edit moves at a brisk pace and ends at the right moment, you could technically make a whole mini-series out of this film in the same format and I'd keep coming back for more.

If you're requesting this edit from him, please ask for this version if you can, it's a great insight into the kind of world fans of a previous generation enjoyed their movies, as well as a great insight into a side of television presentation that only bootlegs and leaks over the years have provided for us,

Keep swinging.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/spider-man-the-unaired-pilot/discussions/11297/

Back
Top Bottom