• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man 3.1 - The Hybrid Cut

heathen3017 said:
I bet that you NOT are surprised that I am interested in this cut when you have it finished. LOL However, I do have one question...

In your release notes above, you state that you wanted "to make the longest possible cut of Spider-Man 3". With that being said, why did you remove the scene of Sandman diving into the sandpit? It obviously isn't a duplicate scene, so why remove it if you want it to be the longest cut (which I am with you, I want to see the longest possible cut).  Just curious.

It's something that got cut out of the Editor's Cut but was replaced with slightly more footage of the cops. It's a slight change that makes it better as it takes away the dumb looking shot of Sandman diving into the pit.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
heathen3017 said:
In your release notes above, you state that you wanted "to make the longest possible cut of Spider-Man 3". With that being said, why did you remove the scene of Sandman diving into the sandpit? It obviously isn't a duplicate scene, so why remove it if you want it to be the longest cut (which I am with you, I want to see the longest possible cut).  Just curious.

It's something that got cut out of the Editor's Cut but was replaced with slightly more footage of the cops. It's a slight change that makes it better as it takes away the dumb looking shot of Sandman diving into the pit.

Actually, the reason why it might look "dumb" is because if you watch the scene, he trips and fall into it, as opposed to deliberately dives in for cover, or (if it wasn't obvious), pushed in.

Since it answers the question as to how/why he is in the sandpit (he haphazardly trips and falls in), and why he has such a disoriented look upon his face when he notices his surroundings, I would suggest leaving it in.

Whatever your decision, I definitely look forward to its release.

Love the trailer. Thanks. Looking forward to the finished product.

Edit now on ifdb, Thread moved.

TM2YC said:
Edit now on ifdb, Thread moved.

Does that mean it's finished? I haven't seen a posting from Bobson indicating that it was....

heathen3017 said:
Does that mean it's finished? I haven't seen a posting from Bobson indicating that it was....

That's sorta what the trailer indicated, but yes it's done.

Awesome trailer.  I can’t wait to watch it; congratulations on finishing!

Sorry for the delay, but something has been going wrong with the rendering. I usually leave my computer on overnight to let things render, but for this, I've woken up and the end result is a video with only a portion of the video done. It's happened twice now, so I'm not sure what it's doing wrong.

Oh man...sorry to hear. Hopefully things will be figured out shortly...

Just got your 1080p version. I have to agree with you... taking that 1/2 second of falling into the pit was totally worth leaving out. Normally I like extended editions to include literally as much as possible... that's my standard line... After all, you can always cut easily than put in. However, this is one of those rare instances where it's actually better by its absence. You were totally right about that.

Above all, I want to thank you for your efforts. Excellent job, and great production.

heathen3017 said:
Just got your 1080p version. I have to agree with you... taking that 1/2 second of falling into the pit was totally worth leaving out. Normally I like extended editions to include literally as much as possible... that's my standard line... After all, you can always cut easily than put in. However, this is one of those rare instances where it's actually better by its absence. You were totally right about that.

Above all, I want to thank you for your efforts. Excellent job, and great production.

Glad to hear you liked it! Sorry it took a while to get out there, but now it is at least. 

And I agree that the scene works a lot better without the shot of him falling into the pit. It just feels weird and messes up the flow to me.

Funny thing is, when you first mentioned that you were cutting it, I thought you were cutting the entire sequence immediately before that and immediately after it, and thus having no discernible way to explain his presence in the pit... When you described it, it seemed like he climbed the fence, started running, and then next shot is of him picking himself up from falling in the pit.  Maybe it was my over-active imagination, but I kept thinking...'Why is he wanting to cut out explaining why he's in the pit?'.

Now that I see the difference, I know what you meant. Good call. Good job. Soooo looking forward to your next release.

I watched it again, and noticed one thing that I personally feel was overlooked. After MJ leaves after kissing Harry, Harry sees a picture of this father and in the dialog, it finishes with "You know what you must do" (around the 81 minute of this cut). This is from the original EC... However, the theatrical cut has the full content that finishes the inner demons: "(You know what you must do.) Make him suffer. Make him wish he were dead. First we attack his heart!".

Personally, I'd like to hear the complete dialogue since it is synonymous and parallels with the first Spider-Man (We attack the heart!).

heathen3017 said:
I watched it again, and noticed one thing that I personally feel was overlooked. After MJ leaves after kissing Harry, Harry sees a picture of this father and in the dialog, it finishes with "You know what you must do" (around the 81 minute of this cut). This is from the original EC... However, the theatrical cut has the full content that finishes the inner demons: "(You know what you must do.) Make him suffer. Make him wish he were dead. First we attack his heart!".

Personally, I'd like to hear the complete dialogue since it is synonymous and parallels with the first Spider-Man (We attack the heart!).

I didn't even notice it personally, I could do a dual audio thing so you can choose which voiceover you want. If I ever figure that out though

That would be great.... No worries if you're too busy...I totally understand.

Hey, any chance you can PM me with this? Can't find it anywhere.

This was great! The branching between deleted scenes, theatrical footage, etc was completely seamless and really did give the film some much needed breathing room. I liked the Editor's Cut as it was, but this improves on both official cuts for sure.

Back
Top Bottom