• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spence's Fanediting Basics Video Tutorial for Womble

Hey spence.
I did everything Boon says to do which was going well but when converting "tpm" main movie file in virtuadub to Lagarith avi its size ballooned! Before it had finished it filled my D drive(17gb free). It this typical? If so looks like I'll have to invest in an external. Although I must say the picture looked great, even for tpm!

Unfortunately, AVI files are kind of freaking huge by nature. You probably want to get a little external drive, nothing crazy, like 300-500 gb. You'll probably end up with around 40-50 gigs for a movie. You also should output in that format as well, so over a 100 gigs for the whole thing. Sucks, but if you want it to look good, that's the way.

By the way, before you hit this, as it happens to most people, Lagarith is not anamorphic, meaning your video will be stretched to be fullscreen. Easy fix, just set your project in Vegas up as being 16:9 and when you drop the file in the timeline, right click it, then properties, then uncheck "maintain aspect ratio." Should look good. Also, when you export, make sure in the "Render As" window make sure "stretch video (do not letterbox) is checked.

Thanks Spence. I'm on fleabay now.:)

I think the next one is going to be solely about gathering your sources for a Sony Vegas edit. It's a pretty complicated operation, so I think that would be good to keep as a seperate thing.

Spence, when rendering should I set as avi lossles or another?

If you are editing AVI lossless, then you should output AVI lossless. That will give you the best quality. A program called TheFilmMachine can convert that into an extremely high quality Mpeg2 which can be used to author the DVD. It takes a long time to do it, you'd probably have to set it overnight, but the results are brilliant. The program is very user friendly as well. That's how I do things anyway.

If you have any more specific questions feel free to PM me.

Back
Top Bottom