• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Species X

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Mollo said:
I will not be able to devote the time I had last year to editing FanEdits. Consecution will probably be all I have time for.
I'm glad to hear that you'll still be around. The community would be a less interesting place without you. :)

I will still be around, of course to dispense my opinionated ill-informed opinions and nitpicking reviews. :)

Mollo said:
I will still be around, of course to dispense my opinionated ill-informed opinions and nitpicking reviews. :)

Im glad to hear you will still be around, but sorry to hear its your last edit, I have enjoyed all of your edits so far and have no doubt Species X will be great also.

Mollo said:
Frantic Canadian said:
See to me that seems like a waste of a DVD9. It's less than 1 GB more than what you can put on a DVD5. Nothing against Mollo or this edit I just think that if you're going to make a DVD dual-layered you should really pack it with content so the need to use a DVD9 is really worth it.

Yes you are right..... but to be honest most people watch an AVI if it is available. Real fans of FanEdits or of a particular film, will make the effort to download a full DVD but most won't.

I know the limitations of my system and what I can achieve. I cannot produce a DVD with an assigned bit-rate or AC3 sound because my software is domestic and limits or automates my options. This can all be fixed, of course by buying software that is professional and unfortunately very very expensive.

I have been told that windows users can make a SL disc simply but converting the sound to AC3. With that in mind I hoped to give out the best quality version I could, which is DL copy. I hope this answers all your questions and we can talk of other things.

I am moving again and my main computer will be out of reach. I can't see myself on the move editing on a laptop again like I did with Star Trek BUGS. I will not be able to devote the time I had last year to editing FanEdits. Consecution will probably be all I have time for.

I have learned (mostly the hard way) to never say never. At least it is good to hear you will still be around and not totally vanishing all together

PS: When I get your DL I can do an ac3 for you and keep everything on the disc intact (thank dvdremakepro for this)

Never Say Never... Methinks Mollo shall edit once again...

I hope so, since Mollo's edits tend to be quite original with much effort.

Certain edits, I'll download as DVD but others, I'd download as AVI due to download limitations. Rapidshare will only let me download one file at a time and can be rather slow certain times of the day.

zeropolis79 said:
Certain edits, I'll download as DVD but others, I'd download as AVI due to download limitations. Rapidshare will only let me download one file at a time and can be rather slow certain times of the day.
Try jDownloader, you won't regret it ;)

so is anyone doing a torrent for this movie yet. no one has even reviewed it yet and i want to know what people thought of this. big fan of mollo after the killer horizon cut.

the jester said:
so is anyone doing a torrent for this movie yet. no one has even reviewed it yet and i want to know what people thought of this. big fan of mollo after the killer horizon cut.

you could start one and help the community :)

Iptorrents.com has this available as a torrent download. Its a private tracker but pm me for an invite if sign up is closed ;)
Btw great edit mollo, ending didnt need natasha henstridge part included imo. Also about 5mins in i noticed that a screen showed a younger sil than the one ready to be gassed.
Other than that really enjoyed ty

Not to speak for Mollo, but I doubt very much the quick insert of the younger Sil is meant to be taken as a 'now' shot. The gas has already filled the chamber. (unlike in the insert shot)

I took it to be a flash of reminiscence/regret for Fitch, crying for the little girl he came to love (after a fashion.)

Yeah suppose your right, jst seemed odd to me when i watched it.

Thank you for your comment TMBTM. I appreciate it. M77, Uncanny is spot on and thank you for watching. :)

Really looking forward to getting this fanedit, specially with the awesome job Mollo did with Killer Horizon (the only way to watch that movie IMO)

As a side note; I hope Bittorrents were more common among this community, while quite a few edits are available the trend is to go with services such a rapidshare and the like; which don't really do it for me...

pity, because you won't get most fanedits then. Over and out.

while RS downloading can seem daunting at first it really outperforms torrents in every way shape and form. I can obtain a DL DVD in 30 minutes where a torrent takes almost 50x that amount of time.

the only draw back is cost but is a $10 RS account too much to ask, considering?

elbarto1 said:
while RS downloading can seem daunting at first it really outperforms torrents in every way shape and form. I can obtain a DL DVD in 30 minutes where a torrent takes almost 50x that amount of time.

the only draw back is cost but is a $10 RS account too much to ask, considering?
why, that's the cost of a bargain price dvd!
We're getting a bargain!!!

elbarto1 said:

Plus you can earn points every time somebody downloads your files, granted that they're at least 5 MB's, and when you've reached 10,000 points you can trade them in for a free month of premium access.

DVD9 has been reuploaded to Mega. DLC is on Info.

Review posted on IFDB (Nov 5, 2013):

I quite enjoyed this edit, it felt fresh and full of energy. Most of the added material was well done but the ending was disjointed. I can't really blame him too much because he worked with what he had. It didn't feel natural but it worked fine for me.

A/V Quality - 8
Editing - 8
Narrative - 7
Enjoyment - 7 (original 7)

Recommended drink: Redheaded slut

Back
Top Bottom