• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sound sync ProRes to WAV

Marshman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got a Speed Editor and that prompted me to look at the tech side of how fanedits are made. After digging through many threads and guides I’ve figured out - almost :LOL: - how to get up and running but with one problem; sound is fractionally out of sync. Is there any obvious error in the following?

System: MacMini, macOS 12.6.3

Source: Blu-ray movie [90 mins] with DTSHD soundtrack.

Ripped disc with MakeMKV

tsMuxer to create m2ts

Apple Compressor to create mov file in ProRes 422 LT [23.976 FPS]

Audacity to create WAV file [768kb/s 48.0 kHz - only one track as original audio is mono]

When the Prores and WAV files are on the timeline in DaVinci Resolve 18.1.4, the audio track is about 1 second longer than the video track, so later on in the movie the sound is visibly out of sync.

[On the positive side, just spinning that editor wheel and rolling video back and forth is so much fun. :love:]

Confirm that all your tools and software are set to the same frame rate (23.976 FPS in this case). Inconsistencies in frame rates between different stages of the workflow can lead to synchronization issues.

Back
Top Bottom