• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sound glitches in 2004's Power DVD 6

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, I'm about ready to burn a preliminary disc of my Mummy Returns edit. I exported from Womble in separate streams, per ADM's guide's instructions, and then exported those two elements (into a flurry of ISOs) from DVD lab pro.

Thing is, when I play this exported product in my Power DVD (6, from 2004), there are weird audio glitches where the sound will wax and wane, even within unedited clips. These issues neither show up when I import these new files into Womble nor when I play them through the VLC media player, so I'm pretty confident that they're Power DVD's fault.

My worry, however, is that home/tv DVD players will respond similarly to Power DVD 6, and put a serious dent in the enjoyment of the upcoming screening. Anyone have any advice? :)

PS. Also, anyone know how to make DVD lab pro export a single video.ts file that contains the whole movie, instead of the three separate parts (plus several small guide files, even though there's no menu or alternate sound tracks) it made this time?

Thanks! :)

you should upgrade to powerdvd 7 or higher

Fair enough, though I tried the Power DVD 9 trial, and while the sound worked fine, maybe my comp isn't fast enough for it, because it upped the contrast a tad, and generally doesn't look as sharp as the VLC presentation.

But will older home dvd players make the same glitch, do you think?

Thanks! :)

It shouldn't because you proved it was not in your source file but from a software player. If those glitches were truly present, you would be hearing them in VLC as well

Back
Top Bottom