• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sopranos Season One

Both.

Up at the top if you want it to be looked at officially (I think). Here if you want feedback or just to show it off.

soprsea1.jpg
1xaast7s4

Well, here it is. what do you think guys?

just a thought... you have the Part 1 and Part 2 directly in the middle of the disc, where the hole will be...

my bad.... i can fix it though..
gimme a moment..

This is the the final disc art... did the thing ThrowgnCpr suggested to.
also posted the improved ones on the cover art submission thing..
**Updated cover. removed the grammar mistake. well English isnt my first language....

Dude i gotta say that cover art is pretty awesome. Thank you so much for doing that. Does this mean my edit can be moved from unapproved?

come on people.. show some love for this fanedit :)

Yes! Sorry I missed that Horace! I will add the image and we'll get you out the door!

Gatos said:
Not really a big deal in the scheme of the edit. But there is one fade to black scene (and the scene as it relates to the series is the end of an episode), for a split second and very faintly, you can see a bit of the end credits. This is really nitpicking, I know, and its not a big deal.

Actually this is a very big deal indeed, and should really be fixed before it is approved.

Ha! Look Ive already had edits approved and then unapproved here. I will be the first to admit that my Star Wars edits had severe audio issues and deserved to be removed. However I have absolutely no intention of digging up this edit and fixing this problem, reencoding, and reuploading to megaupload. It just isnt going to happen. If it is the decision of FE to remove this edit for this reason thats fine, but it isnt getting fixed, at least not by me, "big deal" or not

nOmArch said:
Actually this is a very big deal indeed, and should really be fixed before it is approved.

Without seeing it it's hard to say, but if it's just a split second it's probably okay if it's the only error. Personally, I would fix it, but another editor may choose not to.

This edit is not going to be unapproved due to a single momentary flicker. As there are no other complaints/notes about other technical issues, this edit shall remain approved. It is up to Horace if he wants to address this issue, which he has clearly provided his position on.

thunderclap said:
Without seeing it it's hard to say, but if it's just a split second it's probably okay if it's the only error. Personally, I would fix it, but another editor may choose not to.

Indeed.

I always thought the aim was for 100% no errors, least that's how I remember it being explained to me when I first joined.

Anyway no big deal.

this is way too much nitpicking. He is not part of a big hollywood studio with millions of budget with 50 guys working on the editing department. He is just a guy on his pc during his spare time. Such things are minor and easy to look past...

So what? It's called test screening. Once I've finished an edit I give it to some friends to watch to tell me if I've missed anything like bad audio cuts, extra frames etc. etc. If there are any errors I fix them before the edit is released.

It's what most of us do.

L8wrtr said:
This edit is not going to be unapproved due to a single momentary flicker. As there are no other complaints/notes about other technical issues, this edit shall remain approved. It is up to Horace if he wants to address this issue, which he has clearly provided his position on.
Decision has been made. Feel free to start a new topic if you want to continue discussing this in general terms.

The thing is: if this flash frame has been noticed before the approval, this edit would probably not been approved. You're right about this normarch. But a flash frame can escape even the better reviewer's eyes.
So, IMO, now that the fanedit has been released and several people seemed to enjoy it, I think the comments on the fanedit pages are there to report this kind of problem for the audience to be warned.
Of course if several other problems like this one are reported, the edit could be removed from FE.org. But again, if this is the single problem, it can stay.

EDIT: oops, sorry, Frink. ;)
discussion about this matter ends now (!)

Back
Top Bottom