• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sonic SATAM: Sea3on Animated

Chaos Creators interview Team Sea3on

WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Hey Freedom Fam,

We wanted to take this opportunity to update you on the progress of our project. As you know, we have been working hard to create a 2D Animated Pilot for Sea3on, but we are facing some roadblocks in terms of keeping up with demand.

We have been actively trying to source out studios to complete the project, and have reached out to various studios across all continents. Unfortunately, the quotes we have received are all very expensive, making it difficult for us to proceed with our limited budget. To give you an idea, we have attached actual replies with dollar values so that you can see how much a 22 minute 2D animation pilot will cost.

Currently, we have about $24K USD in the bank, which is not enough to send to a studio to complete the project. However, we are determined to continue working on the project despite these challenges and limited time. We hope that you can continue supporting us by spreading the word about the project and asking others to help out.

We believe that with the help of a studio, we can complete the episode within the year. Additionally, we are considering a Kickstarter to raise the funds necessary to complete the project.

We want to express our sincere gratitude for your support and commitment to the project. We are hopeful that together, we can overcome these challenges and create a successful pilot. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you again for your continued support and encouragement.

Sincerely,

S3

How was the sonic fan film able to get jaleel white but this project couldn’t? not that the sound a like is bad just curious.

How was the sonic fan film able to get jaleel white but this project couldn’t? not that the sound a like is bad just curious.
That fan film came out way before Sea3on was in the pipeline, Jaleel's retired now.

I know the film came out long ago. Also he still plays urkle though you mean he’s done with sonic for good.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I think he was approached but wasn't interested.

Plus, that fan film was only like, 20 minutes. This project seems to be a bigger scope, it might just be too much of a commitment for him.

Plus, that fan film was only like, 20 minutes. This project seems to be a bigger scope, it might just be too much of a commitment for him.
This is going to be just 25 minutes, and all the voice acting was recorded years in advance

Yeah, that's what I meant. I think he was approached but wasn't interested.
That’s disappointing but at least there’s a reason. I didn’t know the fan film was the last hurrah for him vocing the character.

Updates

Work on ackground art is almost complete, with only a handful left to do. Two new animators will be starting on the project within a few weeks, a third joins for the October haul

Update from Sea3on patreon:

Project member Em updated us on the current set up, they have been navigated a few challenges, including setting up their studio, working with the administrations and setting up their bank accounts. They are now in the 'crunch' phase and are seeking out collaboration tools to ensure the animation team have milestones, targets and methods by which to communicate. Options they are looking at include Syncsketch, Kitsu, and ShotGrid.

Back
Top Bottom