• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Smallville Episode I: A New Beginning

Only thing missing from AvP's cover is the bong logo. So you got that in your favor on your cover.

I watched this the other day. It's been awhile since I've seen the first couple of seasons of Smallville, and I feel that this edit does wonders to the story. I'm glad the freak of the week stuff is gone, though Chloe's Wall of Weird does seem a little jarring towards the end as there's no context for it. As others have mentioned, the occasional credits popping up were a distraction, but I laughed rather than being angry. I like Lex, but I miss some of the bigger details of his confrontation with Lionel. The subplots are vastly cut, and what's left doesn't feel like it goes anywhere and leaves the viewer hanging. I would have liked to see more character development in that regard.

Kudos on a very ambitious project. Its not perfect, but it's very good. I look forward to seeing what else you come up with. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback, as for lex and his dad, that more in episode II, in this one I decided to just mainly focus on Clark and lex.

Glad you enjoyed, as for everyone waiting on v2, had some ghosting issues with the burn, I have figured out the fix and will be uploading it soon,

I have done 2 test burns, and I can get rid of the ghosting, bit the imagine is very jumpy, so as Dwight suggested in going to submit the current v2, as he pointed out my workflow for my rookie print is the issue and to just move on as that the ghosting issue is very minor and only noticeable during a pause. This version is already uploaded and ready for distribution. My work flow on supernatural is better but stills needs a bit of fine tuning, as for what happened to my supernatural thread I don't know

Odd it wasn't there earlier, when I clicked on the root forum for the thread it took me to an empty forum, odd but it's works now whatever

Alright, this here was my first fan edit, and as much as I stand by the story I created, i bit off more than i could chew from a technical aspect. With that being said I have learned alot over the past year and have honed my skills quite a bit since the original release of Smallville Episode I and Supernatural. With that being said I am now going to focus my time on completely Rebuilding these edits from scratch (I have no project file to use as reference just the renders).

This will be no quite task, Smalliville consisted of 2 seasons mixed and matched throughout. But none the less I can't stand my earlier work, as i said I stand by the story but the technical aspect needs to be fixed.

So I guess here weeeee go!

That is awesome news!

I agree the basic storyline you created was very clever but there were some definite tech issues.

I really look forward to seeing what you do! Good luck!:)

bionicbob said:
That is awesome news!

I agree the basic storyline you created was very clever but there were some definite tech issues.

I really look forward to seeing what you do! Good luck!:)

Thanks man!

does having to work with 2 channel audio count as a tech issue :p Smallville gets 5.1 at season 6 i think :(

juice4z0 said:
Thanks man!

does having to work with 2 channel audio count as a tech issue :p Smallville gets 5.1 at season 6 i think :(

Nope. In terms of audio presentation, it is your editor choice. All my edits are good old stereo.:D

A little update, I made alot more progress this weekend than i could ever have hoped. Believe it or not this stoner has a good memory and by using the v1 release i was able to put the first disc back together redoing every cut and audio transition.

I'm currently encoding a first draft of the first disc to see if it all looks and sounds as good as it did in vegas. If all is well with disc 1 I will most likely try and work on disc 2 next weekend. If i end up with any time to edit during the week I am going to work on Avengers part 2

Back
Top Bottom