• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sicario - The Wolf Cut

Glad that worked, avidemux is the ideal method. Re ffmpeg, i only use that when avidemux doesn't work. Recently it threw up an error for me on an mkv rip. it's true that going straight to mp4 causes framerate issues, that's why you've gotta do it in 2 steps, gotta move it to h264 or hevc container first (depending on avc/hevc rip)
2. Use ffmpeg. Off the top of my head:
ffmpeg -i FILE.mkv -c:v copy -an FILE.h264
Then:
ffmpeg -i FILE.h264 -c:v copy FILE.mp4

So regarding the previous clip, i´ve gotten with cutting from the border transportation to Reggie sitting in Kate flat directly. Other concepts didn´t matched the flow for this transition.

Here you´ll will find a CC comparison for the two scenes that i mentioned in the first post:
Color correction

I might consider to tune down the green again in the dinner scene, what are your thoughts on this? I just aimed to get rid of the overly excessive red tint.

So now to the display of the movie title at the end. I toyed with some custom title sequences in resolve studio, but i think the original (just popping up) fits best due to the tone of the movie (serious, documentary style, nothing fancy) and music.
I changed the font to the one on the movie posters.

But if someone has an uniquge idea to display the movie titel, feel free to share your thought!

Right now i don´t really know with which i want to go, narrow or widespread letters or narrow with subtitle? Opinions? The option with the subtitle is my least prefered so far because it just resembles Alejndros last line and we don´t have a wolf in the background when he´s outside. Although i would love this, but neither have a good model of a wolf nor the skill set to implement it.

EDIT: decided

Last edited:
Re colour correction, I'm biased towards redder films just cos it's easier on the eyes (similarly, i liked the orange grade in Blade Runner 49) - so whatever you think looks best. If you're going with a more realistic look then I think the changes you've made are good, just perhaps a little too blueish/greenish? I do agree on turning down the green.

You make a good point re Alejandro having just said land of wolves. I'd still include somewhere it as it's the name of the edit - maybe in the opening instead of the end credits? Or a little later in the end credits perhaps.

Regardong CC: toned down the green channel and now i´m satisfied with the natural warm look.

Title: I distanced myself from the subtitle "Land of Wolves", because i´ll used it for the edit of the sequel i´m goiong to do, too. It fits better. But to resemble ALejandros words i added in some wolves howling.

This is my end scene now:

A 1080p workprint (3 Gb) will be available in approx. 1h. If someone is interested, just shoot me a pm.

Last edited:
Regardong CC: toned down the green channel and now i´m satisfied with the natural warm look.

Title: I distanced myself from the subtitle "Land of Wolves", because i´ll used it for the edit of the sequel i´m goiong to do, too. It fits better. But to resemble ALejandros words i added in some wolves howling.

This is my end scene now:
Very cool! It's quite subtle and mixes well with the music

Very cool! It's quite subtle and mixes well with the music
Thank you. Was hard to find a fitting audio piece and then adjusting the volume equally, but i´m pleased.

Workprint is available.

Last edited:
This edit is finished and is submitted to the academy.

A note for @Heavisyde who‘s so kind to review it: spotted an audio-video mismatch when they cross the border (at the beginning of the movie) on the return till Kate get nearly shot.
For now i don’t know why there is a mismatch. i can investigate this next week, when i’m home again.

This is a fairly light and very well executed edit of Sicario, with clean, unnoticeable cuts and a subtle new grade. The first act in particular benefits from small cuts, and while I had no issue with Silvio, his removal does allow for the film to flow more naturally at a better pace. This edit has been approved.

Congratulations on the approval.

Poster in the first post added. Submission to ifdb at the beginning of april.

Back
Top Bottom