• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Fan Edit Of The Year (FEOTY) 2021: and the WINNERS are...! here Congratulations!

Sherlock: The Little That Remains/Adventure of CAM

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
6,490
Reaction score
479
Trophy Points
123
sherlock-edit.jpg



What's This About?
Basically to take the three episodes from the third season of the BBC Sherlock series and reimagine two of them

Episode One is The Little That Remains, a trim of "The Empty Hearse" (it's named as such because it uses as little of the episode as possible, in addition to being a quote from the Holmes of the novels), removing such things as Sherlock's explanation as to how he survived so there is some aura of mystery to his methods of survival and focuses principally on the case at hand rather than all the storyline details pertaining to the major arc of the series (except for one tiny detail that pays off in the third episode)

Episode Two is Adventure of Cam, a cut of the episode "His Last Vow" it is the culmination of the principle storyline themes of the third series with a more swift and immediate Sherlock and John working out Mary's case.

Running Time for each

1. The Little That Remains-49 minutes
2. The Adventure of CAM-1 hour, 8 minutes

Revised Cutlist
THE LITTLE THAT REMAINS
[align=center]-Removed Anderson's "bungee cord" theory.​
[/align]
[align=center]-Added a few minutes of "Many Happy Returns" mini-sode up until Anderson realizes Sherlock is returning. Titles follow. -We end the custom titles on John at the restaurant.​
[/align]
[align=center]-Reporters talking about Holmes being vindicated cut.
[/align]
[align=center]-John morning Sherlock and going on the tube cut​
[/align]
[align=center]-John entering the apartment and explaining his upcoming engagement to Mrs. Hudson cut.
[/align]
[align=center]-Sherlock's capture, torture, and meeting with Mycroft cut​
[/align]
[align=center]-Sherlock being briefed by Mycroft on the terrorist attack cut. Sherlock making plans to surprise John cut​
[/align]
[align=center]-John explaining his situation to Mrs. Hudson cut​
[/align]
[align=center]-Sherlock and Molly solving several cases cut​
[/align]
[align=center]-Jack The Ripper investigation cut
-Removed flash of light and fade out when John readies himself for the end
[/align]
[align=center]-Removed Sherlock explaining to Anderson how he survived and Anderson's breakdown
[/align]
[align=center]-Sherlock meeting Molly's rebound boyfriend cut



[/align]
[align=center]SHERLOCK: THE ADVENTURE OF CAM
-John and Mary in bed cut
-Title sequence plays after Sherlock meets John in the drug den
-Molly slapping Sherlock after the piss test shortened to just the one slap
-Deleted Scene added after Sherlock is shot
-Sherlock's struggle to stay alive within the mind palace after being shot significantly cut
-Sherlock and Janine at the hospital cut
-Sherlock and John confronting Mary in the abandoned housing urging her to use her gun cut
-Moriarty's "Did you miss me" montage cut
-Closing credits song is “Thunder In Your Heart” from Stan Bush

PM for links for higher quality video files or
DVD

VIMEO Links (Note: does not represent actual quality, I shrank them down for hosting purposes)

The Little That Remains


(password: fanedit)

Adventure of CAM

(password: fanedit)
[/align]
 

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
13,991
Reaction score
1,372
Trophy Points
228
^ That cover is really nice.
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
6,490
Reaction score
479
Trophy Points
123
Added Vimeo link to LTR. Am working on uploading AOC now.

Also working on the DVD.

Update: Cam uploaded. DVD files will be uploaded tomorrow.
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
6,490
Reaction score
479
Trophy Points
123
Having some trouble getting the last part of the DVD files up because of MEGA being down for most of the day on my end, I also had upload troubles all of last week hence why it's taken so long since my last update.
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
6,490
Reaction score
479
Trophy Points
123
The DVD is now uploaded. PM for links.
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
6,490
Reaction score
479
Trophy Points
123
For those wondering why this is'nt listed on IFDB...there seems to have been a bit of a snafu that caused it to be neglected, I don't know if this happened with anyone else's approved edits over that period or not, but let me know if it did. I've sent the relevant form information to Neglify again
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
6,490
Reaction score
479
Trophy Points
123
This is now up on Fe.org, so you can leave reviews now:)
 

Neglify

Well-known member
Messages
13,969
Reaction score
19
Trophy Points
123
Zarius said:
This is now up on Fe.org, so you can leave reviews now:)

The element of Iron has it's own .org? Nice.

Oh, you meant fanedit.org/ifdb.
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
6,490
Reaction score
479
Trophy Points
123
Neglify said:
The element of Iron has it's own .org? Nice.

Oh, you meant fanedit.org/ifdb.

Funny and educational:-D
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
6,490
Reaction score
479
Trophy Points
123
Having come to the realization from feelers that DVDFlick is Tesco Value rubbish, I'll have to take the DVD version off the table, but the HD MP4s are still available, so if anyone is interested, just PM me.
 

Sinbad

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
1,362
Reaction score
3
Trophy Points
48
Just watched The Little that Reamins! nicely cut together I always felt the first episode of series 3 spent too much time on fan service addressing all the theories that had been cobbled together in the two year gap that passed between Recheinbach and The Empty Hearse and subsequently the terrorist plot in the second half of the original episode felt rushed.  Zarius addresses this well by cutting much of the first half of the original episode (though I did miss the opening scene with Derren Brown!) .  This feels much more balanced in the way a traditional 50 minute episode would in terms fo balancing the episodes main plot and John and Sherlock's currently fractured relationship.  There was a framerate issue which made me wonder whether there was a PAL/NTSC conversion problem due to source framerate and output project settings but it didn't deter from my enjoyment of the episode. Looking forward to the next one, great custom intro too!  One  question though any reason you decided not to include 'Sign of three' in the edit??  Will review properly when I watch the other one...
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
6,490
Reaction score
479
Trophy Points
123
Thanks for the comments mate. Glad you enjoyed the episode.

The framerate issue came from shrinking it down to fit on Vimeo (at the time I couldn't afford to upgrade to allow for greater GB), I had DVD files in better quality, but I lost them in a computer crash two years back. The Vimeo downloads are all that's left of this one sadly.


"Sign of Three" just didn't feel like a decent enough creative challenge for me...h there were plenty I could have cut out (most of the comedy and the "drunken" portion) but it's just not one of my favorites.
 

Conrad MacIntyre

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
154
Reaction score
6
Trophy Points
28
I know I'm far too late to the party on this, but doesn't it feel a bit like cheating to edit a television program to an arbitrary length? I mean, I understand the point is to create the best possible version of the content, but it seems like if you're going to edit a television show into a different version of the same television show, part of the challenge would be hitting the appropriate TV runtimes of 42min/hr. 

But I suppose with the rise of streaming-only content this may be a moot point.

Carry on, then.
 

Sinbad

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
1,362
Reaction score
3
Trophy Points
48
Conrad MacIntyre said:
I know I'm far too late to the party on this, but doesn't it feel a bit like cheating to edit a television program to an arbitrary length? I mean, I understand the point is to create the best possible version of the content, but it seems like if you're going to edit a television show into a different version of the same television show, part of the challenge would be hitting the appropriate TV runtimes of 42min/hr. 

But I suppose with the rise of streaming-only content this may be a moot point.

Carry on, then.
Well Uk runtimes especially BBC are usually aroung 50 to 55 mins rather than the U.S network standard of 42 mins so Zarius did achieve that goal.  The Sherlock episodes are 90 mins so there is around 40 minutes of cuts to this particular episode. On my Back to the future edit my episodes range between 30 and 39 mins but I'd sooner go for a nice ending to each episode than adhere to strict running time rules Game of Thrones episode lengths vary quite a lot from 50 to 65 mins
 

Conrad MacIntyre

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
154
Reaction score
6
Trophy Points
28
BBC is great that way. In Canada we have the CBC.... not nearly as good. Anyhow, the episodes lengths were 49m and 68m. They just seem arbitrary. But then I'm probably just being overly picky.
 

Sinbad

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
1,362
Reaction score
3
Trophy Points
48
ahh right I was just talking about the first 49 min one which is perfect length for uk slots
 

Sinbad

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
1,362
Reaction score
3
Trophy Points
48
Zarius said:
Thanks for the comments mate. Glad you enjoyed the episode.

The framerate issue came from shrinking it down to fit on Vimeo (at the time I couldn't afford to upgrade to allow for greater GB), I had DVD files in better quality, but I lost them in a computer crash two years back. The Vimeo downloads are all that's left of this one sadly.


"Sign of Three" just didn't feel like a decent enough creative challenge for me...h there were plenty I could have cut out (most of the comedy and the "drunken" portion) but it's just not one of my favorites.

I hated Sign of Three when I first watched I thought it was far too self indulgent, its actually my favourite episode from series 3 now though so go figure. I do prefer the first two series though I always felt the 3rd and 4th played a little too much to the fandom. I loved abominable bride though.
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
6,490
Reaction score
479
Trophy Points
123
Sinbad said:
Zarius said:
Thanks for the comments mate. Glad you enjoyed the episode.

The framerate issue came from shrinking it down to fit on Vimeo (at the time I couldn't afford to upgrade to allow for greater GB), I had DVD files in better quality, but I lost them in a computer crash two years back. The Vimeo downloads are all that's left of this one sadly.


"Sign of Three" just didn't feel like a decent enough creative challenge for me...h there were plenty I could have cut out (most of the comedy and the "drunken" portion) but it's just not one of my favorites.

I hated Sign of Three when I first watched I thought it was far too self indulgent, its actually my favourite episode from series 3 now though so go figure. I do prefer the first two series though I always felt the 3rd and 4th played a little too much to the fandom. I loved abominable bride though.

I remember leaving a New Years Party early just to catch Abominable Bride. They totally understood too, some even wanted to come back with me. :)
 

Sinbad

Well-known member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
1,362
Reaction score
3
Trophy Points
48
Zarius said:
Sinbad said:
Zarius said:
Thanks for the comments mate. Glad you enjoyed the episode.

The framerate issue came from shrinking it down to fit on Vimeo (at the time I couldn't afford to upgrade to allow for greater GB), I had DVD files in better quality, but I lost them in a computer crash two years back. The Vimeo downloads are all that's left of this one sadly.


"Sign of Three" just didn't feel like a decent enough creative challenge for me...h there were plenty I could have cut out (most of the comedy and the "drunken" portion) but it's just not one of my favorites.

I hated Sign of Three when I first watched I thought it was far too self indulgent, its actually my favourite episode from series 3 now though so go figure. I do prefer the first two series though I always felt the 3rd and 4th played a little too much to the fandom. I loved abominable bride though.

I remember leaving a New Years Party early just to catch Abominable Bride. They totally understood too, some even wanted to come back with me. :)
Yes 9pm New Years Day has been a bi-annual ritual the last few years, I think its mainly the lack of Moriaty in season 3 and 4 thaty I missed, Andrew Scott just owned that role in my opinion
 
Top Bottom