• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Seven Furious Fast 7 [2014]

I think rajithwarren and DominicCobb hit it on the head. The last few F&F movies have been all about the fun with the over the top action and having him die in the movie similar to how he died in actual life would be ...

orig-2166271.jpg

I have yet to see F&F 3 & 4. So then I looked and was surprised to see there are no F&F fan edits!

I don't know if this is off topic or not, but anyone seen this?

Vin's posted this on his facebook recently.
Tyrese Gibson went to Dubai, bet this is Vin's way of coping with the tragic loss of Paul. His dancing's a little wierd but I personally like it, shows that some celebrities have a natural human side to them. :D

^/^^ Surprised?

ETA: wasn't that more or less what they had said they might do after the accident?

Hey now, we're not sure yet how much will be used. If he's just in the background and what not - could work.

g1orkatsos said:
So basically.... they are going the TRON Legacy route... uh.... oh boy indeed..... Well, how bad can it be anyway? oh, WAIIII...
Now i am legitimate worried for this movie...

I was thinking more about the ethical questions of recreating a dead man to complete a movie instead of finding away around it, like how they're doing with Phillip Seymour Hoffman and the last Hunger Games book.

Well there IS no other way to give him a proper send off without resorting to such techniques. And its not like Universal will settle for blatantly obvious CGI shots done badly on one of the biggest movies of one of their biggest franchises. CGI is advanced now and not the same as it was four years ago, so you can't use TRON legacy as a valid comparison. I'm looking forward to seeing how they tackle this issue. I say have faith in them.

Nic said:
I was thinking more about the ethical questions of recreating a dead man to complete a movie instead of finding away around it, like how they're doing with Phillip Seymour Hoffman and the last Hunger Games book.

"Oh...boy..." did not communicate that at all. Again, I suggest you give more of your feelings/reactions to the news items when you post them.

They're most likely going to graft his face on theirs digitally.

[MENTION=9504]Nic[/MENTION] Yeah but they're still gonna have to CGI Paul's face in in post production.

They'll probably get away with them untouched for the long shots, also how do his brothers sound, can they get away with using their voices for additional dialogue or would there need to be a voice acting soundalike? I guess we'll find out when the film is completed.

As I can remember from an article I read a few months back, its just action sequences, pick up shots and B-roll since Paul already shot close ups and dialogues before he passed. So that could mean that a voice impersonator would only be used for less than a handful of scenes. Unless they wrote new scenes to give Brian O'Conner that farewell that require voice work.

Interesting (IGN Movies):

Now experts in the entertainment insurance industry have pegged the size of Universal’s potential insurance claim for the actor's death at a staggering $50 million.
[...]
According to THR, “The Walker brothers, 25-year-old Cody and 36-year-old Caleb, both are helping fill in for their brother physically -- Caleb primarily for body size and mannerisms and Cody for the eyes. But the filmmakers need to create a character that not only looks like Paul but also performs like him. That's the actor's job.”

In addition to main unit cameras, Weta is using three extra cameras just to capture each performer’s face. Each scene must be shot three times, once for each performer. Those costs, the delay in production and renegotiated talent contracts would be the primary reasons for the size of the claim.

Sounds like they'll really be breaking ground in terms of a digital human character. They sure chose the right effects house to do it...

Anybody here watched Furious 7? I did the day before yesterday.

MWRK said:
Anybody here watched Furious 7? I did the day before yesterday.
I have not, but plan to.

Sowhatdidyathinkaboutit?

I'd rather not spoil it for the guys who haven't watched it yet (you included), but putting it simply - It was amazing. By now its not news that the ending of the movie is uber uber emotional, but its brilliant how they've put the movie together. Sure it follows the rest of the movies in the saga in terms of defying physics but the story, Paul Walker, and the ending easily over-shadow that.
Definitely my favorite flick out of the lot, and I'm not ashamed to admit it but I've never shed more man tears since I hit puberty.

Oh and make sure you avoid watching the new music video for Wiz Khalifa's 'See you again', it contains footage from the end of the movie, and going in fresh, thats the last thing I would wanna watch.

Back
Top Bottom