• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Separating 6.1 channel audio

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pretty straight forward question, I suppose. I have myself a 6.1 channel DTS-HD audio track, and I want to split it into 7 mono files for editing. I've looked at Throw's guide for working with DTS, but it seems that those two programs mentioned only split into 6 mono files. Is there a way to split it into 7, or does the 6 split merge the rear channel with the surround channels? And, of course, would I be better off just taking the 5.1 DTS off the DVD version of the film I'm editing?

Thanks!

Eac3to should be able to give you seven mono wavs. You might need to track down the Arcsoft decoders though.

Eac3to input.dts output.wavs

or does the 6 split merge the rear channel with the surround channels?

That is another option.

Eac3to input.dts output.wavs -down6

And, of course, would I be better off just taking the 5.1 DTS off the DVD version of the film I'm editing?

I would say no. I'd sooner extract the core from the DTS-HD MA track. If you are unable to track down the Arcsoft decoder, you could use NicDTS, which is free, with Avisynth.

Sweet, thanks Cap. I'll look into those!

Back
Top Bottom