• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Scumbag Rapidshare

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Today I tried to download a file from Rapidshare, and as soon as I hit start on JDownloader, I found myself in a 21 minutes countdown. So it seems like RS didn't really learn the lesson when it took out the waiting quota some months ago. It only did so to compete with MU, and now that MU is no more and RS is likely the lead file hosting site, instead of taking advantage of the liking many of us developed for it when it behaved well, it goes back to insult its customers with long waiting quotas.

I'm done with RS. Screw them.

aziz-animated-gif-7.gif

Free account I guess.

Had you downloaded anything before starting that download? I only ask because I've used RS once or twice since MU got yanked and haven't had to wait at all.

Frantic Canadian said:
Had you downloaded anything before starting that download? I only ask because I've used RS once or twice since MU got yanked and haven't had to wait at all.
Nope. That's the weirdest thing. I hadn't downloaded anything from RS in days.

I downloaded an edit off RS yesterday. Had to wait 10 minutes between each file.

I checked, with my premium it's all good but without it is indeed a 21 minutes wait.

And so what? They're a business and have to come up with ways to make money. Not to mention it's still automated with jdownloader, so it just takes some more time is all.

To sum up...meh.

Mediafire is ~100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000x better than Rapidshare +/- 69x.

geminigod said:
Mediafire is ~100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000x better than Rapidshare +/- 69x.
True. Man of Tomorrow will be an MF upload. Why? 10 simultaneous downloads, that's why ;) If they haven't changed it by now of course :D

TV's Frink said:
And so what? They're a business and have to come up with ways to make money. Not to mention it's still automated with jdownloader, so it just takes some more time is all.

To sum up...meh.

And we're in our right to complain. Plus, I think a good service is a better way to earn clients than force-feeding crap to us just because they can.

Dwight Fry said:
And we're in our right to complain.
I don't think it makes sense for anyone to complain about something they get for free.

TV's Frink said:
I don't think it makes sense for anyone to complain about something they get for free.

Exactly! No one's being forced to use Rapidshare. I've not been a fan since they changed their system a while back, but if I use a free Rapidshare account I put up with its deficiencies or pay for a better service. If their premium accounts had issues with download speed, that would be a different matter.

I created a mediafire account today (free) and am uploading my edits there. I will also probably investigate using news groups. I still have an RS account and may eventually load there as a courtesy to downloaders who have premium accounts there, but it's not my priority.

I agree though, complaining about free services is a bit pointless. They store something at no cost to you and then you get to download it for free (outside of your isp bill). If I go down to my local sandwich shop, I won't get a free sandwich no matter how long I wait, nor how much I complain about it.

L8wrtr said:
If I go down to my local sandwich shop, I won't get a free sandwich no matter how long I wait, nor how much I complain about it.

Don`t be so sure, L8 :p

L8wrtr said:
If I go down to my local sandwich shop, I won't get a free sandwich no matter how long I wait, nor how much I complain about it.

You will if you have enough points on your Subway card. :p :lol:

Free or not free. Irrelevant. All of these sites are obviously making pretty good money with their business models based on what I read about the FBI allegations surrounding Megaupload. Filesharing sites aren't a traditional business model such as Subway, but that also is irrelevant. All that is relevant to us is comparison of competing products and which provides best product-to-cost ratio. IMO you guys are way over-analyzing this and trying to put some weird unnecessary ethical spin on things.

Rapidshare has been an inferior product compared to its competition for a while now. End of story.

Frantic Canadian said:
You will if you have enough points on your Subway card. :p :lol:

But I never remember to bring the damn thing, so I never get enough points!!

There's this nifty little called a...uh... wall-et... that can be crammed full of stuff you don't really need, and that fits in your inner jacket pocket. It's quite new though, could be you missed the news :)

Back
Top Bottom