• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

RIPLEY - Alien 3 / Resurrection Mashup (now available)

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello all,

After the positive reception to Derelict (my Prometheus/Alien mashup), I decided to take a look at mashing up the least-loved of the proper Alien series - Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection. I started to think about using material from these two films in a similar dual narrative like I did with Derelict. However, because Ripley's character was the clear focus, it kinda became a single narrative that jumps between time periods. The overall goal was to make something new that might present the existing material in an interesting way, and hopefully emphasize the tragedy and triump of Ripley after the trauma she's been through (especially the death of Newt).

I've posted the current cut as a private video on Vimeo to get some feedback, so I thought I would open it up to the Fanedit.org community. Any input is welcome and I appreciate your time.

***UPDATE: The final cut (probably) has been submitted to fanedit.info. The original Vimeo link is gone, but here's a trailer:

Thanks!
-JobWillins

Really enjoyed your Derelict edit and thought a worthy winner of Fanedit of the month......
Would love to be able to check this out on something bigger than a laptop. Any plans to give it a wider release? :)

sgp1428 said:
Would love to be able to check this out on something bigger than a laptop. Any plans to give it a wider release? :)

I think he's after feedback on an early cut? Before it get's released "officially".

If so... jobwillins it might be an idea to retitle the thread to something like "RIPLEY - Alien 3 / Resurrection Mashup (Workprint available)" to make things clearer.

Thanks, sgp1428! Glad you liked Derelict and are interested in watching this.

TM2YC is correct, I'm just looking for some additional feedback at this point but will hopefully be officially releasing it soon. Now for the n00b question... how does one retitle their thread?

Thanks!
-JobWillins

This looks great. Need to make time to check this workprint out

jobwillins said:

Did you format it this way on purpose, or would you like it embedded in the thread?

It was intentional. The current posting doesn't allow embeds

***UPDATE: Now that it's public, it does :)

I updated my Derelict cover to make it a double feature:

derelict%20and%20ripley.jpg

Thread moved since the fanedit is now complete and available.

Back
Top Bottom