• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Revenge of the Jedi Redux

@keithbk this is DonkeyKonga's edit. They've addressed your feedback. Please use your own project or ideas thread to continue discussion of your own edit ideas.

That's okay I like talking about why people like or dislike something. I dont consider it a personal attack or anything at all. As long as I'm not expected to change the edit and it's simply a dialogue then I'm good.
Plenty of times I've changed edits when I agreed with someone who watched it (TDKR edit went through a dozen of little tweaks after release based on feedback)! So i only applaud the passion. In this particular case i just dont agree. :)

Last edited:
A weak.pasty raspy old white (not sure why his skincolor is relevant since luke and Leia are white also lol) dude is pretty much what was expected. Hes Luke's father, it figures hes old. Honestly anything else would have been weird.
No, I mean he is WHITE. Not like "race-white," but PASTY and COLORLESS.

Now, let's go to the prequels, because at the end of Revenge of the Sith, Anakin is burned head-to-toe. If you look at him, he's obviously BURNT.

If you do a Google image search of individuals who have been facially burned, you will notice that their features are permanently scarred and have a distinct color to their skin. I know this because I had a friend who was permanently burned when a propane tank ignited and burned his body. Even after a decade, his skin had a very distinct color and texture.

I get that they are saying, "Well, he's been in a suit so long, he's lost all pigment." Of course, when I saw Jedi in the theater, I had no clue he was burned head-to-toe, so this is one of the inconsistencies between the original trilogy and the prequels. So this issue bugs me now in a way it didn't originally. Originally, it was just a disappointment.

@keithbk this is DonkeyKonga's edit. They've addressed your feedback. Please use your own project or ideas thread to continue discussion of your own edit ideas.
I was the first person to review the fanedit on January 5, 2023, giving it all 10's.

I simply said I added ONE TRIM to his Fanedit for personal preference because it always bugged me in the original film.

His fanedit is fantastic. This is my original review:

I agree with the Faneditor that "Return of the Jedi" was a letdown in the original trilogy.

First, the video quality is amazing. The edits are smooth. My familiarity with the original movie made me aware of the cuts, but if I had never seen it, I wouldn't have noticed.

The trims to Darth Vader's dialog alone make him far more menacing for longer, which improves the film. Much of the silliness of the Ewoks has been trimmed and they are the better for it.

I definitely recommend this as it utilizes the restored original and not the Special Edition. The ending of the film has been rearranged and I feel it definitely improves the storyline and the feeling of "fulfilment."

I was the first person to review the fanedit on January 5, 2023, giving it all 10's.

I simply said I added ONE TRIM to his Fanedit for personal preference because it always bugged me in the original film.

His fanedit is fantastic. This is my original review:

I agree with the Faneditor that "Return of the Jedi" was a letdown in the original trilogy.

First, the video quality is amazing. The edits are smooth. My familiarity with the original movie made me aware of the cuts, but if I had never seen it, I wouldn't have noticed.

The trims to Darth Vader's dialog alone make him far more menacing for longer, which improves the film. Much of the silliness of the Ewoks has been trimmed and they are the better for it.

I definitely recommend this as it utilizes the restored original and not the Special Edition. The ending of the film has been rearranged and I feel it definitely improves the storyline and the feeling of "fulfilment."

Ohhh I misinterpreted! I thought you were asking me to make the edit. I'm glad you were able to make the slight adjustment for yourself! I'll send you a PM because I am a bit curious to what you did!

Last edited:
No, I mean he is WHITE. Not like "race-white," but PASTY and COLORLESS.

Now, let's go to the prequels, because at the end of Revenge of the Sith, Anakin is burned head-to-toe. If you look at him, he's obviously BURNT.

If you do a Google image search of individuals who have been facially burned, you will notice that their features are permanently scarred and have a distinct color to their skin. I know this because I had a friend who was permanently burned when a propane tank ignited and burned his body. Even after a decade, his skin had a very distinct color and texture.

I get that they are saying, "Well, he's been in a suit so long, he's lost all pigment." Of course, when I saw Jedi in the theater, I had no clue he was burned head-to-toe, so this is one of the inconsistencies between the original trilogy and the prequels. So this issue bugs me now in a way it didn't originally. Originally, it was just a disappointment.
Now we're getting somewhere! I mean we could probably talk about PT - OT inconsistencies for days, starting with Leia saying she has memories of her mother being kind, but sad. Which is an amazing line in the OT because of Carrie Fishers delivery and it shows some of Luke's sadness over not knowing his mother, but completely ruined because of the PT where they show it's impossible for Leia to even have any memories of her mother at all. I refuse to edit the film based on the (imo) lacklustre storytelling in the PT. Because that would mean I would have to also cut that part of the scene for example.

If anything Anakin should have been less burned in the PT. Him losing his limbs and only burning burning parts of his face (like the back of his head for example) and body would have been better and consistent with the OT. Imo the PT needs to follow the OT, not the other way around. Which is where our opinions seem to differ, because it seems you feel the OT should line up with the PT. Which makes little sense from a filmmaking standpoint, considering the OT was created first. Plus it causes these terrible special edition shenanigans like changing Boba Fett's voice, which was far cooler in the theatrical cut imo. (Sorry mr Morrison, but I prefer my Boba Fett to sound like a space-pirate version of Clint Eastwood)

Also the white dude part is hilarious. I legitimately thought you were complaining about him being white lmao. I was so confused! But yeah, a dude living in a covered suit 24/7 would look pale af.

Another note: The quest for visual consistency between the OT and PT caused mr Lucas to completely ruin the mystery in the first scene with the Emperor and Vader and spoil the big reveal AND make Vader look like an idiot since he already mentioned the name Skywalker himself earlier in the film:

I'll take a well-written scene over visual nitpicking any day of the week. I honestly don't understand how anyone can say they prefer the Ian Mcdarmid version of this scene.

Last edited:
I'm curious, Donkey, just putting this out there..Will there be a redux of the redux? There is still room on the poster for at least one more.
The re-revenge of the Jedi: Re-re-dux edition. Special! Ultimate!

I will post a video clip of the trim I made as soon as I can.

Okay, here is the scene as I edited it... again, this is taken from DonkeyKonga's Fanedit; I merely altered the Vader reveal. Feel free to criticize it if you so desire. This just happens to be how I prefer this scene. I have included just under 4 minutes of footage so you can see the lead-up and following scenes for pacing.

Okay, here is the scene as I edited it... again, this is taken from DonkeyKonga's Fanedit; I merely altered the Vader reveal. Feel free to criticize it if you so desire. This just happens to be how I prefer this scene. I have included just under 4 minutes of footage so you can see the lead-up and following scenes for pacing.

Interesting, and well executed! Thank you for sharing I can understand why you like it this way. The only thing I would say I really miss is Luke's reaction to his fathers final breath. But I suppose the funeral pyre scene also shows his emotion.

Based on feedback I fixed the final audio transition in the movie. Not that it was that bad, but it wasn't quite seamless in he audio transition. A minor but important detail, considering this moment needs to be as powerful as possible. The problem I had was that the original music didn't allow for a smooth musical transition because the fanfare and Yub Nub are intertwined in the original soundtrack. So what I did was listen to the final song of ESB and realised that the last three notes fit perfectly after Vader's funeral theme.

@Pedantic Contrarian Gave me the suggestion that it might be cool to have red as a theme to match the poster I made. So here is the Throneroom in red.
Since I was recoloring anyway, I gave Luke yellow eyes briefly in two brief moments. Thoughts?

Last edited:
For context and clarity this isn't a replacement of his edit but an alternative viewing option for said edit of Return Of The Jedi.

Absolutely love the colour grade, some dark and terrifying imagery there.

For context and clarity this isn't a replacement of his edit but an alternative viewing option for said edit of Return Of The Jedi.

Absolutely love the colour grade, some dark and terrifying imagery there.

Yes the normal version is still available, but for anyone looking for something that makes the throne room sequence darker, this is pretty interesting.

Courtesy of @Pedantic Contrarian we now have a sneak preview at the alternate cut of Revenge of the Jedi. The scene really does work a lot better in Red imo. Particularly Luke's closeup is just phenomenal.

Thanks again Pedantic for sharing your creative idea! Love it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom