• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Return to Crystal Lake

jamiemark said:
Hmm, 56 mins. seems awfully short for an edit. IMO, anything under 75 mins. should be considered a short film not a feature. I'll give it a watch, even though the short running time isn't very appealing to me.

Don't worry about the short running time. This edit is a definite improvement over the source movie.

You're correct sir. This is a fun edit that moves along at a swift pace. I only have one little problem with how the story ends up, but there's not much that could be done about that. Good stuff regardless!!

Frantic Canadian said:
...regarding Jason. Unfortunately it's impossible to turn him into the undead killer we all love, what with the shot of him carrying around the dead body and Clay and Jenna mentioning that there's a guy out there carrying a dead body, but you did a great job of trimming as much of it as possible. If you don't mind my saying though I think you should have cut, or at least trimmed if possible, the scene with Clay asking the old woman if she had seen his sister because she mentions that "he only wants to be left alone". If this was anybody else it wouldn't be a problem, but this is Jason we're talking about. Saying that "he only wants to be left alone" humanizes him, and that would infer that he's human. The other thing I think should have been cut is the shot of the bell going off when Clay trips in the woods. This also suggests that Jason is human because he was able to set a trap. Aside from that I think you did a great job with this edit and I give it a 5/5.

I agree with that one about the trap. I wish now that I had cut that. Without that scene the viewer might assume that Jason knew that Clay and Jena was there all along and he is only playing with them so that they can lead him to the rest of the gang. So he can slaughter them all ;-) It also makes Jason seems way cooler. The trap scene was just, "ohh a lame trap with a bell made him aware of them...before he had no clue." Like someone would sneak up on Jason. On no, I don't think so. Not the real Jason at lest.

I only found a DLC for your Halloween edit in your folder. Did the DLC for this get deleted?

SyfoDyas said:
I only found a DLC for your Halloween edit in your folder. Did the DLC for this get deleted?

yes. I will upload it again, this time to rapidshare. hopefully I will get to it before Halloween.

Thankx, looking forward to it! I HATE the remake, but am very curious to see how well it has been salvaged. :)

Thanks dustin6595 for the review.

Personally I never mind a running Jason in the remake (or part 2 for that matter) the prelude kills when he runs after Whitney was really cool (and made it more scary)* also at the end when he sees that Whitney has escaped and Jason pulls his machete out and starts running camera shacking around, that was also cool. But I made this edit to be more like the other Friday the 13th movies and with that goes the running Jason. Also I changed some of the song presented in the film because the songs that was originally used sucked. Songs that were presents in, say Part 6 were classic, timeless.
I thought the prelude kills were pretty cool but I hated the tits on the chick that fucks in the tent so I had to cut that...also I hate the Michael Bay "look"...everyones skintone being on the yellow side...

re. what you said in your review...The Myers Family was different because Rob Zombie said long before his Halloween came out that it was HIS halloween and with that a different beast all together. But he didn't change it enough, then came h2 and I thought why not marry the two together and get a 100% Rob Zombie Halloween movie. The remake of Friday the 13th was marketed as a return to the old Friday the 13th movies, bringing the old Jason back and all the fun of a Friday the 13th movie. Well that wasn't the case with the material being released. Jason living in a shack and running around I can live with, but taking prisoners? WHAT THE F*CK?! T-H-A-T I-S N-O-T J-A-S-O-N!!! no matter if you think he's a zombie or human being he does not take prisoners. I think the "filmmakers" became paranoid and thought that "no one wants to see the same old, the same old slasher movie that's been done to death. We need to spice it up a bit...get creative..." Personally I wanted to see classic Friday the 13th but now being made with a 19million dollar budget. Man do I never learn...Another problem the film has is the guy that directed it: Marcus Nispel. That guy made TCM remake and then F13 (TCM) remake. F13 looked almost exactly like the tcm remake. It was a big mistake. Also Marcus can't direct suspense sequences. I think that's the biggest problem: the movie was f*cking lame (the old f13 movies are just fun, not counting some of part 5, most of part 8 and 9 + 10) and the kill scenes felt so uninspired. Anyway, I getting way of track, I think editing the reboot into more of a stand alone film would make it suck even more. First off, the film is f*cking lame and editing it makes it more like the other movies (and with that it becomes more "important") at least for me anyway =) and I have an excuse for watching it, "it's part 12, I have to see it when making my F13 marathon." ...even though if it's not that good anyway....

*IMO they should have made the first movie with "sack Jason" and his mother, end it in a "I want more"-way were Jason gets the hockey mask, and then release part 2 featuring only "hockey mask Jason" they could have shoot it back to back and released the movies two weeks apart.

I know I am late to the party but I really want to try and get this fan edit. Is it available anywhere anymore?

[MENTION=35416]lukeds83[/MENTION] if this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

Back
Top Bottom