• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Reservoir Dogs - Redux

FrameSniffer

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Poster art by : ArtisDead

Trailer:

Coming soon... Aug/Sept 2023

The main purpose of this edit is to give Reservoir Dogs a little TLC, without altering the structure or the chronology of the original film. The edit was originally a personal project, for my own private collection but I'm going to release this as a fanedit in a couple of months time.

Overview of the changes: Colour correction has helped reduced the magenta over saturation in the original and exposure has been bumped up very slightly. Taking inspiration from Tarantino films that were released after Reservoir Dogs, I have introduced some subtle editing techniques relating to pans, zoom and cuts. A couple of continuity errors have also been corrected. Perhaps the biggest change compared to the original film, is Mr Blonde’s cop torture scene. For this scene I have switched some aspects of this scene to monochrome, as a nod to Kill Bill Vol 1. Where new music has been introduced or changed, it is period correct, i.e. 1970’s.

Change list:
1. Reduced magenta tint and slightly increased exposure level throughout.
2. Audio gain increased throughout; some peaks reduced.
3. Added new music track (Powerboat) to Mr Pink’s chase scene.
4. Removed continuity error where cop is shot twice, during Mr Pink’s chase scene.
5. Mr Blonde’s torture scene, changed to monochrome.
6. Small clip of Blonde “Heart of Glass” plays whilst Mr Blonde tunes the radio.
7. Added axial cuts to external shot of Mr Orange café scene with Holdaway.
8. Added horizontal pan to scene where Mr Orange and Mr White are facing the jewellery store.
9. Removed continuity error where Nice Guy Eddie drops the bag of diamonds twice, when Eddie discovers Mr Blonde is dead.
10. Add slow zoom into Nice Guy Eddie’s face during the standoff.
11. Added new music (Rituals) track to end credits.

Last edited:
I sure do love that poster with the dogs. Talk about cool. Anything with dogs is cool. Cats not so much. Keep your critters.

We can never have too many Tarantino edits out there, can we?

Please tell me you had the (expletive) to take out Stealer's Wheel this time. I will help you find a different song...

Does this use the recent 4k release? I'm not normally one for upgrading my Blu-Rays, but this one and the Pulp Fiction one is like night and day for me. The detail and clarity is astonding compared to the very dated and quite compressed Blu-Ray. It's a source I'd love to use for an edit of my own.

image.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Does this use the recent 4k release? I'm not normally one for upgrading my Blu-Rays, but this one and the Pulp Fiction one is like night and day for me. The detail and clarity is astonding compared to the very dated and quite compressed Blu-Ray. It's a source I'd love to use for an edit of my own.

image.png

2.png

3.png

4.png
The source I’ve use is 4K, nov 2022 release date. I’ve not compare to two side by side but did notice the the 4K was cleaner and had a little less of a magenta hue..

The source I’ve use is 4K, nov 2022 release date. I’ve not compare to two side by side but did notice the the 4K was cleaner and had a little less of a magenta hue..

Yeah the 4k looks great and would be my preferred version if it was affordable in Australia, but it costs 40 USD sadly. Glad to see the new release being put to good use in this edit!

Yeah the 4k looks great and would be my preferred version if it was affordable in Australia, but it costs 40 USD sadly. Glad to see the new release being put to good use in this edit!
Just hope I’ve got the transcode right 😁

That's too cool! Does everyone get one?
I'm hoping to or at least inspire people to use the template to make one for themselves. I might be a bit late in posting them.

Back
Top Bottom