• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Removing hard-sub

Mnm

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was just in the middle of cutting some material that I need for my project, when I came across some scenes where subtitle is hard-coded and actually 'on' the film. I need those scenes, but without subtitles, since they are no use to me. Now I know that some of you guys, actually knows how to deal with that, so I'm asking you for help. What do I need to do to get rid of those subtitles? I guess that I must redone every frame, but I don't know in what program. And maybe you guys know a better way. Anything from you will help, be sure of that. :)

if they are hardcoded there is no way to completely remove them. You can use a "no logo" filter with virtualdub or sth similar, but what it will do is only to blur the image there, which will be spottable.
A frame-by-frame removal is also possible, but incredibly tedious. If possible you should crop the image and resize it.

yeah, cropping and resizing is probably the easiest solution. it may save you years of work trying to remove them in each frame

Maybe I should try both solutions and see which one gives better results. I was thinking about bluring video there, but that will probably look horrible. Maybe to write something above it? Cropping & resizing sounds like a wining combination. But I don't know which program I need for that?

you can crop and resize easily with either TMPEG or CCE. i think you can also do this in vdub.

again it is virtualdub.
chose "null transform" as filter and select cropping.

Thanks guys. I will do that and let you know how it went. And of course, if something else comes to my way, I will ask you.

Well, I've cut it, and must say the result is more than satisfying! And, boy that VirtualDub makes huge avi. files! No matter, that is solved now. Since I was going to make combination of photos and videos in some sort of a slide show, I think that resizing is not necessary. I was in some way looking for crazy combinations. Some time ago, I was making videos out of my 'Star Wars' comic books collection, and those cells with different sizes makes nice effect. At least, I was loving it. So this should be visual part of that DTS project of mine. Video is of course NTSC, that is a must for me. I love it like that, and that's gonna be. But no matter, I would like to know how to resize the video after cropping it. Guess that also could be done in VirtualDub.

Wow, now I'm amazed! All this could be done in Vegas, and for me, that is way better solution! Vegas is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom