• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Question for TrowngCpr

Mnm

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That program you talked about TC, where you can make you own 3D virtual gallery. I have Image Armada, and it is absolutely perfect, but it can only make .exe files which you start and use it to walk the gallery. This is cool, but what I need is to make .mpg files of it. Do you know how to do that? Or I will have to screen record it again? Which one do you use?

Well, I have yet to find a gallery application that will do exactly what I want. (I am looking for one to output to a single swf file) I have image armada, but only am on trial. If you want to make an actual video clip from it, you would probably have to screen-record it.

I have found Camtasia to be an excellent screen-recorder. I have tried several and always get some stuttering when recording with other applications. I have had no problems with Camtasia. You cannot output to MPG2 with camtasia, but I have output to an AVI and then converted using CCE or TMPGEnc. The quality is pretty nice that way. This is the method I used for a lot of the clips on my Star Wars - A Flash Of Spoofs dvd.

I hope this helps. I will probably be trying out more gallery applications, so I'll keep you posted on anything I find that can output to MPG. Your best bet though is to go with Camtasia (or your screen recording software of choice)

Well after talking to you before, I also began to use Camtasia. So I guess I will use that one for screen recording. I will check more often this, to see if you have any news for me. Thank you.

sounds good. let me know how it turns out, and if you find any other gallery software for what you are looking for

just curious, what are you using the video clips for?

Uh, where to start...? O.K., it goes like this: For quite some time, actually for almost ear and a half now, I was looking the perfect way to make also perfect DTS 5.1 surround files. My intention was to upmix all of my precious Mike Oldfield collection of CDs to multi-channel experience. Since then I've learn allot in video editing, sound engineering, photography and web designing so naturally my project began to grove. I was beginning to wonder could I produce some kind of visual presentation to complete that great experience. So my project now looks like this: I'm gonna collect everything there is to find about Mike Oldfield, then I will make extended (and by this I mean reeeeeally extended) albums for which I will produce tons of visuals containing computer generated animations as well as real photographs and movies of nature, and even performer himself. Project will also include numerous interviews, in video and audio form, music videos, next, there will be song lyrics, which will be displayed during each song. I'm thinking to even include little explanations for every album and song included. Of course, temptation is to great, so I will add my personal touch to everything so there will be included little something from me experimenting with vaious sounds. Of course everything will be in DTS 5.1 format. So now we come to that 3D gallery and clips from it that I need. I wanna make motion menus for those DVDs with them. My vision is to create that big gallery full with album covers, and allot more, where every picture will be link to something extraordinary. Full motion menus in form of an art gallery. I like that idea so much! With that program it would be allot easier than to learn 3d max or Maya as a plus. So what do you think? :-?

After finishing that, a was thinking to do the same with Pink Floyd, TOTO, Jean Michel-Jarre, Flytwood Mac and so on. Only thing is that gathering of all needed material is going to slow so it will take a wile. But, that's O.K. because it gives me time to learn all these new stuff that I will need in process of making this crazy idea of mine to become reality... :smile:

I've finished cover for my first DVD for 'Children of the Sun' I can upload it if anybody wants to see it. So there it is. I would like to hear your opinion... :)

Back
Top Bottom