• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Purchasing Sony vegas

twckfa

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hello -

After researching, looks like I'm going to purchase Sony Vegas as an editor.
Probably version 11 for XP. It seems easy to use hopefully.

Thoughts? is it an easy editor to pick up?

Can you cut two movies together i.e. is there a max project size?

Thanks,

twckfa said:
hello -

After researching, looks like I'm going to purchase Sony Vegas as an editor.
Probably version 11 for XP. It seems easy to use hopefully.

Thoughts? is it an easy editor to pick up?

Can you cut two movies together i.e. is there a max project size?

Thanks,

It's not "easy" to pick up, but it's not terribly hard. I love Vegas, and find it does everything I want. With a few tricks you can learn from reading the technical section you'll find it to be great program. And yes, you can edit as many movies ad your hard drive will hold. I would suggest editing in lagarith avi, as demonstrated in Throwgncpr's guide.

Do you know which version is compatible with XP? Looking at yahoo answers and amazon, im getting conflicting
info

Pretty sure 10 was the last one that worked with XP. Try the Sony site to find out for sure.

Hey - I upgraded to WIndows 7 64 bit.....looking at Sony Vegas there are a couple areas the don't match up with the version of windows...it says vegas requires 2 gHz processor and mine is 1.50 - does this and other things that dont fit the requirements mean that vegas won't run on my machine?

Are you planning to edit in HD? If not, it might barely work.

Sony offers 30 day full trials of a number of their software products, and I believe Vegas is one of them. Give it a download and try it out, see how it works. Just because it requires a 2 ghz processor and you have a 1.50, doesn't necessarily mean it won't work. It'll run slower, and it might not run all that well at that. I started on version 9, and while 11 is nice, the older versions are just as good.

Back
Top Bottom