• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Pulp Empire

Hey NJVC, I got a copy of this to watch, and it was amazing! The Darth Vader intro had me laughing stupid hard. Like, 'tears' kind of stupid laughing. I liked it so much that I actually wanted to make a copy for a couple of my friends for Christmas. They're married, and one of them loves Star Wars, and hates Tarantino. The other one is the opposite way. So, I was making my own DVD version, and was having some trouble. In trying to iron out the differences between v1 and v2, I saw mention of your own DVD on this thread. Is that out yet? Everywhere I've looked I only see the MKV. I'm new around here, so if I've overlooked something, sorry 'n' such. Also, hello.

I just happened to decide today to make a copy of this for a friend for Christmas, and just assumed the DVD version was available. But looking back, I think it's only the mkv that is available. [MENTION=8922]njvc[/MENTION] any better info?

Yes sorry, mkv only at this stage. If there's enough interest i could put the dvd together in the near future.

I had been delaying, but the mkv will be fine.
Getting it now.
Will watch when I watch and update my original review if necessary.

I'd like the DVD for the special features.

Got the mkv. Picture and sound fabulous.

No L8wrtr audio commentary.
For some that will be a big omission.

Vultural said:
Got the mkv. Picture and sound fabulous.

No L8wrtr audio commentary.
For some that will be a big omission.

well shit. We may need to make that happen

You add it, I will re download.
I am curious about the extras, but yours was the biggest addition.

Checking in as well. I'd like to fifth or sixth the request for a DVD of version 2. [MENTION=8922]njvc[/MENTION], was L8wrtr 's alternate audio mix for the edit ever completed?

I loved v1 but I'll have to check out v2 for the commentary alone! This is a masterpiece of fan editing.

We were only watching version 1. . . .

but Narnia Jam Vaccine, just wanna say: THANK YOU AGAIN! My nine-year-old saw the original trilogy for the first time only weeks ago, and I thought it'd be a great time to introduce her to fanedits in general and a very entertaining edit of empire. And what she saw and heard, she dug! I could see the delight on her face; she thinks your edit is "funny."

you've a new fan, man!

So some nice person has uploaded the entire edit to youtube in some magical way that didn't get it pulled down for copywrite! I have no idea how... But here it is, in full, for anyone interested.

fuck, yeah. the more eyeballs on this, the better.

in an unspecified & ideal future, official releases of TESB should contain PULP EMPIRE as part of the package.

Happy to report that the long gestating Bluray for v2 of Pulp Empire will be released shortly (within the next week).  

Features will include:
- 1080p video
- Motion Menus
- Chapter Menu
- 5 Audio Options, including
1. 5.1 Dolby Surround
2. L8wrtr's alternate audio mix (with new music for chapter 3)
3. Commentary by njvc and l8wrtr
4. Commentary by Neglify and blueyoda
5. Steele Wars Podcast Interview Episode
- About this Edit Featurette
- Alternate Ending (from v.1)
- Trailer
- a little easy-to-find easter egg surprise.

Will update the forum when it's available, but feel free to PM me if keen on obtaining this bluray.

I've made this bluray as a bonus disc for the Despecialized set, but am happy to consider a DVD version once that set is finished.

Just wanted to pop on here and say that the blu-ray is excellent. Top notch (and the little bonus is cool). I look forward to listening to the commentaries when I get a chance. Thanks for making this! Good luck with all future endeavors; cheers.

I did a bit of a cheat for V2, as I lack a BluRay burner.
Got the 4 GB file AND the 23 GB file.
Extracted the commentaries from the larger file, then muxed those into the smaller file, using mkvMerge.
Resultant file is 4.9, with a couple extras, suitable for a DVD-R DL.

I thought about boosting the volume of the commentaries using Audacity, but decided not to push it.

Back
Top Bottom