• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

the_watcher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hi, does anybody know if the Bruce lee movie Fist of Fury 1971 is in the Public Domain, there are 2 movies, Fist of Fury and Fists of Fury, I am asking about Fist of Fury, I think AKA Jing wu men, thanks

Anything copyrighted and published in the US between 1964 and 1977 is copyrighted in the US for 95 years after first publication, so it won't be public domain until 2066.

Anything copyrighted and published in the US between 1964 and 1977 is copyrighted in the US for 95 years after first publication, so it won't be public domain until 2066.
Not always the case. Night Of The Living Dead from 1968 is public domain. This is one specific exception, yes, but if there's one then there's bound to be more. Plus, some people here are from other countries where copyright law might differ.
I did a quick Google search, and can't find any evidence of this one being public domain )in the US at least). It does seem like there are a handful of 70's martial arts films that are though.

Not always the case. Night Of The Living Dead from 1968 is public domain.
NotLD has always been in the public domain though.
A last minute title change left off the copyright info, therefore making the film public domain immediately.

Back
Top Bottom