• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Proper Fan Edit Export settings in Premier CS6

thomasbolt

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have been having a tremendous amount of trouble exporting my Star Wars Attack of the clones so it can be submitted to Fan Edit .org. The setting I normally use is, h.264 YouTube HD 1080p it works for my shows witch are usually 7 minuets long, Obviously that is not the proper choice for a 90 minuet film. The last time I exported it it took over 2 DAYS, and it didn't even work. I do not want to try that again because it has already eaten a chunk of my RAM in my PC..

Are there any proper settings or presets i should use for a fan edit bit rates formats etc. The movie I'm Editing is in slandered Definition. Please let me ASAP

Thread moved. The audio editing subforum is for...well...audio editing.

thomasbolt said:
I have been having a tremendous amount of trouble exporting my Star Wars Attack of the clones so it can be submitted to Fan Edit .org. The setting I normally use is, h.264 YouTube HD 1080p it works for my shows witch are usually 7 minuets long, Obviously that is not the proper choice for a 90 minuet film. The last time I exported it it took over 2 DAYS, and it didn't even work. I do not want to try that again because it has already eaten a chunk of my RAM in my PC..

Are there any proper settings or presets i should use for a fan edit bit rates formats etc. The movie I'm Editing is in slandered Definition. Please let me ASAP

I'm assuming you meant "standard definition" not "slandered definition". If you're using an SD source then why are you exporting to 1080p? All you're doing is upconverting 480p footage thus creating subpar picture quality.

How do you want to submit to FE.org? Do you want to submit a full blown DVD, or do you want to release it as a single digital file like an MP4/MKV/etc? If you're using Premiere then you want to export using Adobe Encoder and that has a lot of presets for you. If you're going to build a DVD then you need to create a DVD-MPEG2 file. Until you provide more details it's hard to give exact settings.

SD supporters consider it slandered by HD-only enthusiasts ;)

I DON'T support SD but I don't have a blu ray drive or extractor in my computer. So the DVDs are all I have.

Q2's questions basically cover it all, and we need answers to them in order to really help you further. But if what you say is true -- that your edit is in standard definition -- then you are definitely doing things wrong by exporting to 1080p.

IF you are actually releasing an HD edit (I know you said you aren't at first, but your last post confused me...) one approach taken by many editors is to release the following:
1. SD DVD
2. HD mkv (or mp4) e.g., digital only, thus not requiring a disc to watch.

If you really wanted to, you could forgo the DVD as I've been told only 4 people on the site actually still prefer them for HD edits :p

Finally, even if you are just creating an SD edit, you can still release it as a mkv or mp4 file (at least, for the initial approval process) and deal with the DVD later.

I guess we just need more info as to what format your source material is in (1080p, 720p, 480p) and what you are trying to export to. (and anything else Q2 mentioned as well!) ;-)

Back
Top Bottom