• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Premiere Pro sequence settings

daedal

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wonder which settings to choose for the sequence when editing a bluray source. there is a lot of presets for camera type (like Arri, Sony) which I guess are best to avoid in this case. The other choices are codec names like ProRes or DNxHD. My understanding is that this is only used for playback during the editing process, but I could most certainly be wrong.

These days, you can mostly ignore the presets. Go the next tab over (called Settings) and make sure it matches your footage specs. Most movies are going to be 23.976 for framerate, rec 709 for color space (unless you're working with HDR) and 1920x1080 for resolution (assuming your bluray sources include letterbox above and below for aspect ration - you can always crop that out in Premiere). As long as the first clip going onto your timeline has the proper resolution and framerate for your project, Premiere will ask you if you want to change sequence settings to match. Then you're effectively good to go!

Cool thanks! I generally drop the movie in the blank timeline area at first so it creates the sequence and its settings automatically. But I also work with more than one sequence for the same project. So I have to create a new sequence for the second one and then it makes me select those settings. Ill know which to choose now. Thanks

what about when you're done in premiere? how about export settings???

I use ProRes 422HQ 16bit for export. I guess 420 would be fine, but I'm always going for overkill, OCD likes it...
Final encode I'm using StaxRip for h265 or av1 10bit. I like more options there.

I use ProRes 422HQ 16bit for export. I guess 420 would be fine, but I'm always going for overkill, OCD likes it...
Don't worry. I GET it. This applies to 1080 blurays though??

Reactions: Mnm
Oh, yeah, I guess you are more interested in SDR BD authoring friendly exports... Can't say I did much of those... Others here know way more about that, than I, I'm sure :)

Back
Top Bottom