• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Premiere CS6 h.264 Export Won't Play

Q2F

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Topic says it all: when exporting a sequence using the h.264 preset, there is no playback of video in any media application. However, while exporting Adobe Media does show the video in the preview window.

I am using the ripped M2TS file from the BR. CS6 has been showing this fine so I'm not sure that's the problem. I also have my intro logo as an AVI file. Neither exports properly.

Any ideas why I can't export as an h.264 file? If I export using current sequence settings it's fine.

I would say try playing it in media player classic home-cinema edition. Outside of that, what does http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en tell you. Are you on a mac, because then the last two sentences are useless. I assume not because digging around your files I see mention of avchd patcher.

You could upload a small sample to the internet for others to look at. Personally I don't use the default encoder. I install x64vfw and set encoder to use x64vfw. It is a bit more complicated, especially for two pass movies, which you basically run twice, but I have a little more control over quality, and it should produce better results. Check it out.

I figured out the problem. I was trying to export just the video, so I was un-checking Export Audio. Not sure why, but with no audio the video players couldn't play the video. Weird issue, but at least I can create a workaround now. Thanks for stepping in to help.

Back
Top Bottom