• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Predators

predator 2 is one of my favorite movies :smile:

its just plain fun and i love what it gave to the predator universe/mythos.

I concede that its not a very good "film" - especially compared to the original, but I love it all the same.

great to hear that this new addition gets the job done, even if not a great film. thats pretty much what i expected to hear though, better than AvP and AvPR, on par w/ P2, not better than the original.

elbarto1 said:
predator 2 is one of my favorite movies :smile:

I concede that its not a very good "film" - especially compared to the original, but I love it all the same.

I think it is underrated. The film would probably have been better if it had not been cut so much. I signed a petition to restore the uncut version a while back, but it will probably never see the light of day. It irritates me when films that were cut for content that was considered extreme at the time, but would probably seem mild now, are not restored. The missing shots in Dr. No annoy me greatly.

Roger Ebert said:
bilde

Can you spot the design flaw? Its horns or fangs, whatever they are, extend too far in front of its mouth! Yes, after they kill their prey, how do they eat them? It's as inconvenient as a muzzle on a pitbull. I thought, maybe they lie on their backs and shovel the food in with their feet? But no, how's that gonna work with all the spikes on their backs?
Who doesn't love Dean Ebert? Make a movie that doesn't make sense, and he will call your sh!t out! :lol: :p

:| sigh.
music and setting was decent, classic predator. could have done w/o the rock guitar addition to the theme near the end though.

*SPOILERS BELOW*

Too bad just about everything else was lame, dumbed-down or just stupid. many effects were cool but just as many were cheap and lame. cloak and pred vision was weak, cgi dogs were very fake looking at times...

The film felt very rushed and felt like another 20-30 minutes would benefit the characters/plot.

Gore was decent, but nothing to write home about.

Overall the predator just doesnt feel menacing anymore. I liked the original pred being prominantly showcased (still looks the best) but the new BSP's were lame masked and unmasked. meh.

All in all it was better than the AvP's but Predator 2 is still a better sequel.

Hopefully the next one will be a bit better and shed light on the REAL interesting bits like the inter-species predator war/feud, what were the abandoned drills noland was living in, how were the humans chosen/taken, etc etc etc... and the open ending that screams sequel begs me to quote Det. Harrigan - You'll get another chance asshole.

6.5/10

P.S. again with the douchebags in my theatre. annoying as fuck that I have to pay $11 to see a movie and listen to them make lame comments and remarks throughout any film. I literally moved my seat 3 times and could not escape them.

I have to admit, the AVP movies have sullied the Predator franchise for me, but the trailers and the things I read give me the childlike excitement that the first two Predator movies gave me when I saw them.

Here's to hoping for the best.

.......Well at least the script had my minds eye entertained......(hit's the ol' dusty trail kicking cans and cursing current movies once again)

elbarto1 said:
and the open ending that screams sequel begs me to quote Det. Harrigan - You'll get another chance asshole.
Care to spoil the ending (I have read the leaked script)?

T-HOPE said:
elbarto1 said:
and the open ending that screams sequel begs me to quote Det. Harrigan - You'll get another chance asshole.
Care to spoil the ending (I have read the leaked script)?

sure :)

[spoiler:sjcq8xph]the "good" predator gets killed by the BSP (black super predator) who then destroys the ship the humans planned to escape with.
Royce defeats the BSP with a little help from Isabelle.
the closing scenes are of the 2 survivors watching more parachutes opening in the sky (more humans/aliens being dropped off at the game preserve) and royce says "lets get off this fucking planet" as they turn and walk back into the jungle.[/spoiler:sjcq8xph]

I have to admit I'm not expecting too much from the film. It's not like Predator was is the same league as The Terminator or Aliens. I think over the years it's possible to remember films more fondly than when we first watched them. As a result we probably come to expect too much from sequals because over the years we've inflated the quality of the original film.

As long as it's got some solid acting, good action & a decent enough plot I'll be happy.

acting is decent, dialog is weak at times, plot is non existent. its essentially a chase film.

well i could only hope that it was better than P2, but less awesome than the original... sounds like it hits that mark?

personally i think predator 2 is a better sequel than predators. but i am one of "those people" (like UA) who actually likes P2. P2 gave the mythos such a wealth to draw from and that alone made it great IMO, it built on the character of the predator and expanded the universe, predators fails to do this very much and instead leans on P1 as a crutch basically rehashing the events of that fillm.

since I had free tix I went and saw predators again today and liked it more on a repeat viewing for a few reasons:
-the theatre was better (bigger screen, better seats, better sound)
-the audience was respectful, no douchebags yelling loud comments etc this time
-I knew what to expect and could focus on the film rather than being let down

That said, I feel comfortable bumping my 6.5/10 up to a even 7/10 but I cant wait for the DVD to fanedit this sucker, I have got many ideas/plans in mind already to alter/enhance the paper thin story. I'm sure others here will also be fanediting this film and while thats usually not my style, I am a pred-head and dont care in this case :smile:

dont get me wrong, the movie is pretty cool and reasonably fun, my inflated expectations and poor movie-going experience really soiled my first impression though. I did enjoy the film on a repeat viewing...just alot of shit needs re-editing ;)

elbarto1 said:
dont get me wrong, the movie is pretty cool and reasonably fun, my inflated expectations and poor movie-going experience really soiled my first impression though. I did enjoy the film on a repeat viewing...just alot of shit needs re-editing ;)
I smell a future editing project, perhaps... :p

yep, i'm sure many of us will be tinkering w/ this one when it gets released.

elbarto1 said:
My first thought when leaving the cinemas was about a new episode of Predator Chronicles, to be sure. :)

elbarto1 said:
sure :)

[spoiler:8m119mzr]the "good" predator gets killed by the BSP (black super predator) who then destroys the ship the humans planned to escape with.
Royce defeats the BSP with a little help from Isabelle.
the closing scenes are of the 2 survivors watching more parachutes opening in the sky (more humans/aliens being dropped off at the game preserve) and royce says "lets get off this fucking planet" as they turn and walk back into the jungle.[/spoiler:8m119mzr]

Thanks. So it's a completely different ending then the script and a very open ending. Hmn, I had hoped for something more ambigious but I can't say what exactly (perhaps the ending with Dutch).

Uncanny Antman said:
elbarto1 said:
My first thought when leaving the cinemas was about a new episode of Predator Chronicles, to be sure. :)

awesome!
i plan to chop a ton of fluff including alot of the predators to enhance some mystery as their overuse did little to add much to the predator character here and add a few scenes from p1/p2 if possible.
i'd love to create a scene of danny trejo getting snatched or at least imply that he got snatched using p2 footage and some random trejo footage.

Uncanny Antman said:

That sounds great. You could do an episode for Predator 2, even though we both like it as a film. Then there would be four in the series. Even Predator itself could be cut down for a fifth.

I still have the first two that I downloaded ages ago on my hard drive. They were really good. :)

Thought Predators was great fun.

It is flawed, it could have easily been better. But I liked it.
I could have done with even less CGI, but it was okay.
I still liked having the feeling to watch an 80's movie from time to time. (simple plot with practical effects, you know). It's funny to see people complaining all days that moviemakers don't make movies like that anymore, and when they have one in front of them, they are complaining about the lack of scale and or budget etc.
All what a predator movie needs is in this film.

So it gave me what I wanted but nothing more. I was not surprised. Usualy guessing things before they happen.
I don't need 3 ending twists or an army of Predators to please me, but maybe a real working surprise would have been nice.
Sadly the trailer spoiled some things (predators planet) and gave hope for some things that do not really happen (different people with different skills= different ways to be badass and kills predators... not in this movie).

There also are some things that bugs me a little:
- how Gopher's character knows a plant that is not from planet earth? Ok maybe the ecosystem is close enough... anyway.
- Brody telling everybody that running is dangerous because Predators are wainting for their prey to run... then in the next action scene he starts to scream "RUN!! RUN!!!" to everyone. Ok, maybe it's a trick to add tention because the audience now knows running is a dangerous thing to do... but it just ended as a WTF? moment to me... anyway.

All in all a solid old school action movie, flawed but highly entertaining to me (beside all I said in this review! lol).

Back
Top Bottom