• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Power/Rangers

I'd love to see the uncensored version that was on Vimeo. I'm also pissed I didn't watch the YouTube version through to the end; only got about halfway through.

It's now back up on Youtube per an agreement with Saban to put up disclaimers

Kal-El said:
:-? Wait, what?

Oops. I knew it was a fan film but typed "edit" by accident. I fixed the original post now.

Zarius said:
It's now back up on Youtube per an agreement with Saban to put up disclaimers
There were no disclaimers initially? I don't necessarily think one should be legally required, so long as no one's profiting from a fan film, but ya still gotta put up a disclaimer as a matter of personal good form... ;-)

I don't like it that much either. Because I saw that fan film first I went to youtube and searched for a lot of the original MMPR episodes and now I'm buzzing in nostalgia mode again. The originals are so much better.

Did someone see the 'reversion' of the original MMPR season? It's damn ridiculous... They added in more graphics basically, and updated a few small vfx elements. It looks even more like a kid's show than the more recent incarnations did...

I like the new logo but I'm not a fan of the new morphing sequences (they add background effects > see Billy's below) and the new opening video that accompanies the legendary theme song ;) (see Kimberly comparison below)

maxresdefault.jpg

MMPR_Blue_Ranger_%28Reversion%29.jpg

They also did not do their research..one of those backdrops for Jason had the Q-Rex Zord from 2001's Time Force and not the T-Rex Zord we're familiar with from MMPR

Apparently MGM have now blocked a "bootleg" animated Bond film from Adi, it was called "In Service of Nothing"

Speaking as someone with no childhood knowledge or affection for MMPR, I have two observations...

1) Holy crap, was this short trying to deafen me by cranking the effects far louder than the dialogue? Crikey... :|

2) Yeah, the sometimes guns/sometimes hand/sword combat dynamic just did not work, dramatically speaking.

That was my very first wtf moment; the first few seconds in "Power Rangers with GUNS?".

Nic said:
Especially since the Power Rangers are so good at killing things without guns.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B8fbyYuIcAAyOK2.mp4

But that's a bow and that's sort of their special weapon, like Jason has his sword, Adam has his axe, Tommy his dagger and saber, etc...

ALL of the Power/Rangers were carrying full automatic rifles. That's something entirely different, you have to admit.
Plus, there were two robots fighting (I suppose their version of Zords?), so what the hell were they shooting at?

Seems the Power Rangers actors want to make an independent movie also

Sooo... essentially a cheapo Days of Future Past knock-off with MMPR flavoring. Think I'll pass.

Kal-El said:
I watched Mighty Morphin, Alien, and Zeo. They were all cool. After that the quality declined FAST.
I wouldn't mind they made another movie of Mighty Morphin to reboot the whole thing with an updated cast, sfx, costumes and new actors but with the exact same formula.

It doesn't have to change all that much.

Either ditch the spandex and go with proper armor made to withstand actual punching and kicking:
go_go_power_rangers___by_isaiahstephens-d7u06yh.png

I actually rediscovered a pic of armored rangers that I'm actually quite fond of (sans Green/White ranger, sadly):

The_Power_Rangers_by_Distephano.jpg

Not really fond of that armor either. If anything, I prefer something along the lines of the armor from MMPR The Movie :)

Back
Top Bottom