• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

After recently seeing Infinity Pool and greatly enjoying it, I decided to go back and revisit the first film that introduced me to director Brandon Cronenberg: Possessor. I first saw Possessor in theaters back in 2020, as one of the last films I saw in a cinema setting during the pandemic. One of my local theaters had actually been playing the uncut version, which surprised me because the other theaters around me were only playing the R-rated cut. Intrigued by the trailers I had seen and admittedly, the director's connection to his father, David, I saw the film as soon as I could. I absolutely loved the film, and I couldn't wait to finally bring it home to re-experience again and again.

Fast forward two months. As I'm walking through Best Buy to pick a few titles to test out my new 4K television and home theater system at the time, I stumble across two releases side by side: the Blu-ray release of the R-rated version, and the 4K Blu-ray release of the uncut version. I immediately grabbed both versions, as I'm an absolute mark for owning multiple cuts of movies I enjoy. I was greatly delighted to have the film in my possession (I had to, sue me), and made sure to watch the R-rated cut when I got home as I was curious to see how different the "tamer" version was. It was an interesting watch, and my editor brain was immediately intrigued by the alternate shots that were present in this alternate version.

After studying both cuts of the film for nearly a month, I got in my head that I would attempt to create the longest version possible of this film using as much footage from both cuts as possible, and reinserting the deleted scenes present on the releases. This project began in 2020, but fell by the wayside as I worked on other projects and let life get in the way, as it often does. Having since improved my skills somewhat since starting this project, and acquiring tools that could help me further realize this project better than I initially planned, I recently recommitted myself to this project to see it through to the end.

I am proud to present: Possessor Complete.

Change List:
  • 00:00:00:00: Added FE Warning.
  • 00:00:06:07: Added Dark Netflix Style FE logo.
  • 00:00:11:06: Added my faneditor logo.
  • 00:00:17:16: Added R-Rated cut studio logos, effectively deleting the "this film has been unmodified" message.
  • 00:05:42:16: Added 40 frames from the R-Rated cut to the beginning of the medium shot of Vos/Holly stabbing the lawyer.
  • 00:05:52:03: Added 14 frames from the R-Rated cut to the end of the close-up of Vos/Holly's bloody shoe.
  • 00:05:52:17: Added 8 frames from the R-Rated cut to the beginning of the close-up on Vos/Holly stabbing the lawyer.
  • 00:05:58:01: Added 5 frames from the R-Rated cut to the beginning of the close-up on Vos/Holly's face.
  • 00:12:11:04: Added the "Panic Attack" deleted scene.
  • 00:31:56:19: Added the "Wake Up and Count" deleted scene.
  • 00:53:37:02: Added 192 frames from the R-Rated cut to the beginning of Vos/Colin & Ava's sex scene.
  • 00:55:00:14: Added 10 frames of Vos' close-up from the R-Rated cut.
  • 01:00:04:18: Replaced Vos/Colin's brief conversation with Girder with the "Reid's In the Pool" deleted scene.
  • 01:09:16:10: Added 4 frames from the R-Rated cut to the end of the close-up on Parse's bloody face.
  • 01:09:52:09: Added 20 frames from the R-Rated cut to the end of the close-up on Vos/Colin's face.
  • 01:39:24:09: Added 24 frames from the R-Rated cut to the end of the close-up on Colin as he attacks Michael.
  • 01:41:11:22: Added 34 frames from the R-Rated cut of Vos screaming as she shoots Ira.
  • 01:44:28:14: Added end credits from the R-Rated cut as the credit for the sound designer is missing from the Uncut version.

Runtime Comparison:
Uncut:
1:44:13:01
R-Rated Cut: 1:43:26:10
Complete: 1:51:37:17

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom