• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

**Possessed** Custom Star Wars EP IV Edit *Vol 2 Available Now*

He does look like he's just dying to give somebody a slappin'.

Hi all, sorry about how long it's taking to get the full quality bd version completed. I'm only used to DVD authoring, and apparently BD authoring is way more (needlessly imo) complicated and tedious. But I'm hoping to get it going here soon.

Well from what I've heard, the BD25 version of this will finally be hitting the web in a couple of days.

Sorry about how long it's taken.

In the meantime, here's a clip of the Obi Wan vs Darth Vader fight as it appears in my edit.  Don't worry, no video game SC38 footage, just a tightening up of the original footage to make it quicker and less awkward, and of course new lightsaber blades courtesy of Telecine_7.  Maybe it will entice anybody that hasn't yet checked this out to try the BD version when it comes out shortly.

Around 40 seconds in, there's what seems to be an obvious cut. Is this in the original film? Is this just a problem with the upload to Vimeo? Or is there nothing there, and my mind is just playing tricks on me?
Anyways, it looks fantastic otherwise.

I don't see it in the imbeded clip, but when I click to watch in on Vimeo I see it. In that case, it's probably a Vimeo problem and not an editing problem. Thank you for having me check again.

It's the same as it was in the 720p version that's already out, so if you didn't notice it there then Vimeo is probably just hiccuping on you.

I'm happy to announce the 1080p bluray is FINALLY rendering. After all this time.

I feel I should give a bit of an explanation as to why it's taken such a seemingly unnecessary long amount of time.

A few months ago my pc tower went down. The one I did the edit and had all my files on. Yes yes I know, back up your files etc. But I didn't do that, and anybody that reminds me that I should have will be ignored. I know.

Anyway, I had for what I could tell lost everything related to this project. No project files, the wip bluray author, everything. I thought I was going to have to do the whole thing over again. And I really, really didn't want to. For starters, I had already done it twice. Because after finishing it once, I decided I wasn't happy with the color grade. But I had already deleted my project files for some stupid reason, so I had to redo the video portion from scratch. I didn't have to redo the audio, but visually I had already basically done the whole thing twice, and I did not want to do it a third time.

And I didn't really have the desire to break the news to everyone so I just let the thread sit and dodged peoples questions.

But, luckily, recently, I got a wild hair and opened up the tower and took the internal hard drive out and connected it to another computer. Not everything was there, but some files were accessible. Miraculously, incredibly, among them was a 20-ish gb 1080p export of the final project I had done on a whim. It was the final version, the same as the 720p version that's already out there.

Unfortunately, the specs were not bluray compliant, so it is having to he re encoded for the bluray. But it is 20 gb in size, and will be encoded to roughly the same size, so the difference should be pretty well negligible. Would it have been technically superior if I had been able to author the bluray from a lossless source? Of course, but the difference should not be a deal breaker for anybody and it should still look great on big screens... We're talking a 20 gb encode to another 20 gb encode so there's a decent amount of bitrate to go around. I've viewed it on my 120 inch projector screen and it looks good. So then all I had to do was re gather the bonus features I had wanted to include and make the bluray. (I'm intending the bluray disc to be sort of the whole package. But since I wanted to keep it single layer and wanted the movie to be at least 20 gb all the bonus features are SD and squeezed into 3.5 gb. So while some of them could probably be found in slightly higher quality elsewhere, they should still look pretty good and having them all in one place should be worth something)

But it sure in the hell beats doing all this over again, which I am not willing to do. So it's set in stone now, I don't have the project files anymore so I won't be making any changes foreseeably. The bluray should be available in the next week.

Now with this mess behind us, here's hoping production of the Empire Strikes Back Possessed Edit goes off much more smoothly. I suspect it will.

Sorry folks but it looks like this might get delayed another few days.

But it's for a good reason! I was watching it again on my projector and wasn't satisfied with the video quality. So I had another Crack at that Hard drive and by the grace of the gods I got the project file and all the assets out! And id be an absolute silly willy with a bowl of chili if I didn't use this opportunity to make a better looking render. But this shouldn't set it back very long!!!

Okay cuties. The 1080p BD version of this edit is finally available. Pm me if you want it.

IFDB listing isn't up right now, so I'm gonna post my thoughts here:

It's the same Star Wars that I've always love, but you can just tell that it's a little better. It's really obvious at some scenes (where I'm familiar with the gross CG that occupied the shots), but often it's subtle and I wouldn't have noticed it had I not read the cutlist (just cause I'm not super familiar with all the film's variations). One thing that is consistently amazing though is your regrade, I especially notice on the shots of 3PO and R2, for some reason, and often in some of the contrasting shots with true blacks. I wish I could say more about those subtle changes, because they really are amazing and deserve more attention, but I lack the capacity to do so, y'all'll just have to take my word for it.  :p

Everybody watch this now. Big P did a lot of great work and this is probably the best version of ANH I've seen. Albeit I've only seen the DVD/Blu-Ray/Disney+ versions and Harmy's Despecialized, but hey that still counts for something. Seriously great work man, I'm looking forward to watching the follow-up(s).

When the 720p version came out lots of people asked to be let known when the 1080p version came out... And I've sadly forgotten and lost track of them all. So to all those people ive forgotten, it's available now.

Yo, could you add the SC 38 Reimagined version of the fight between Vader and Obi-wan?

Watched it and honestly loved it. Of the OT Ep4 aged by far the worst and that can be jarring when coming from Rogue One in a complete marathon.

This is my Goto version of the movie from now on.

Watched it and honestly loved it. Of the OT Ep4 aged by far the worst and that can be jarring when coming from Rogue One in a complete marathon.

This is my Goto version of the movie from now on.
Could you please post an official review on the edit's IFDB page?

I would, but I can only find Empire and Jedi if I search under Franchise-Star Wars.

Vol 2 revision available now. There isn't much different, a few shots were tweaked and reworked and in some cases 'special edition' shots were put back in an edited form purely for picture quality but still edited to be close to the original cut. Credit to @Hal9000 for his faneditor resource pack as I did use a few shots from that. Mostly mos eisley and jawa sandcrawler shots, but don't worry original pacing is still preserved. Also changed the line "your father wanted you to have this..." to "I wanted you to have this", thanks to Hal for that as well.

Also corrected a very slight visual glitch and (resulting) miniscule audio desync that lasts about 15 minutes. So slight only one person seems to have noticed and I didn't even notice until they pointed it out, but once they did I couldn't unsee it. So that's fixed.

Other than that it's the same thing. Is it worth getting if you are already satisfied with the first version you have? Nah. But it just seemed apt to fix it because I still have people asking for this so might as well fix it for those going forward, but it's not a very big difference. But feel free to ask me about the v2 even if you already have the original if you're a perfectionist or want more visual continuity with the prequels. Cheers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom