• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

POP QUIZ - Winner may ask next question.

Oh, wait, really? Dang. Well, is everyone fine waiting a few hours before I ask a question, or should I hand it off to someone else? Because I can't think of anything right now, and I'm a tad busy.

Neglify said:
Take your time, it's all cool.

I've got a question if you don't mind? (while you think of one).

- Which Horror film has central actors from the Bond, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Doctor Who and Hunger Games franchises in central roles?

Which Batman franchise are we talking? Nolan or the Burton/Schumacher films

Which Batman? Which Bond? Which era of Who?

Sinbad said:
Which Batman franchise are we talking? Nolan or the Burton/Schumacher films

Okay one clue, Burton/Schumacher.

jrWHAG42 said:
Which Batman? Which Bond? Which era of Who?

That's too many clues for now. :D

That's part of the challenge, yo. 

This one has really got me stumped. I first wanted to say "mother!" because Jennifer Lawrence (Hunger Games), Javier Bardem (Bond) and Michelle Pfeiffer (Batman) but there's no Lord of the Rings or Doctor Who alumni in that one. Then I thought maybe the remake of "Psycho" because Viggo Mortensen (LOTR) and Julianne Moore (Hunger Games) but there's nobody else in that one that fits the other categories.

I'm curious to see what others may come up with on this one.

All righty I do believe I figured it out. 

Bond actor - Bernard Lee, M from Dr. No through Moonraker
Lord of the Rings actor - Christopher Lee, Saruman
Batman actor - Michael Gough, Alfred Pennyworth (he was the key to unlocking this mystery)
Doctor Who actor - Peter Cushing, Dr. Who and the Daleks
Hunger Games actor - Donald Sutherland, President Snow

Neglify said:
All righty I do believe I figured it out. 

Bond actor - Bernard Lee, M from Dr. No through Moonraker
Lord of the Rings actor - Christopher Lee, Saruman
Batman actor - Michael Gough, Alfred Pennyworth (he was the key to unlocking this mystery)
Doctor Who actor - Peter Cushing, Dr. Who and the Daleks
Hunger Games actor - Donald Sutherland, President Snow

Correct-a-mundo and all the right references too, although I would have excepted Roy Castle, as he also plays a central role in that film and in the first of the two Doctor Who films from the same Producer (Milton Subotsky).

A cheeky semi-related side question:

- What UK Comedy show from the 2000s featured actors from the Doctor Who, Star Trek, Mission:Impossible and Star Wars franchises?

I thought it would be hunger games that would be the key to the puzzle, I had my money on Donald Sutherland too. Had a couple of beers though and the permetations were making my head spin hahaha

TM2YC said:
A cheeky semi-related side question:

- What UK Comedy show from the 2000s featured actors from the Doctor Who, Star Trek, Mission:Impossible and Star Wars franchises?

Anyway, it was this :D :

Thought of one yet @"jrWHAG42" ?

I missed that question not sure I would have got it though even though I rewatched it recently.

I still can't think of anything good, I completely forgot about this. Just skip me. Here, Sinbad posted in the thread last, let him ask a question.

Name the actor (maybe more than one) who worked on at least one of all these action stars films of the 80's and 90's

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Kurt Russell
Dolph Lundgren
Jean Claude Van Damme
Keanu Reeves
Brandon Lee
Bruce Willis
Mel Gibson
Carl Weathers
Gary Daniels

Er... James Hong? Al Leong? They worked with at least a couple of those guys at some point I think... maybe? Leong seemed to be a henchman in almost every action movie of the 80s/90s so the odds are in his favour :D.

Does the actor connect to Bruce Willis through one of the Die Hard movies by any chance?

Back
Top Bottom