• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Pixelating Help Needed...

Vengeance

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have been having trouble with a preservation.

A friend recently asked for a copy of Doctor Who: Day of the Daleks, which I have in AVI format.

I used WinAVI to convert it to DVD, but when I did, I got this happening repeatedly:

pix.jpg

Can someone tell me the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks,

-Dan

the problem: winavi
use better programs. This is fast as hell and bad as well ;-)

Are you certain?

As I have run it through other programs and got the same problem. Can you make a suggestion of a program?

Thank.

VSO ConvertXtoDVD works wonders. Only had an issue once... out of about 200 uses.

Actually i think WinAVI is great (7.1 was a bloody mess) but it depends on what you want to use it for. if im encoding a 700mb rip to dvd then it works wonders.

i've never tried mpeg encoding with it though as you cant change things like frame rate etc.

btw WinAVI 8 is a lot lot better loads of new options and stuff, still wouldn't use it for mpegs.

vso does work very well. I also had good luck with dvdsanta in the past as well.

Well, VSO had originally worked for Part One of the episode, but it is having the same problem as WinAVI with the rest of the story.

Am trying DVDSanta now, and shall report back.

-Dan

That was no use either. Suggestions on software required ASAP.

-Dan

Oh, I feel such a prick...that one was the original video file... :p

-Dan

Do you sometimes get the feeling that someone doesnt want you to do something?

I am having this problem with some previously downloaded episodes now. Ones that I had never gotten round to looking at.

Is there some kind of VirtualDub filter to correct this?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom