• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Phase Inversion

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For my Trouble with Tribbles edit, I have a surround mix that has music in all 6 channels, with dialogue and sound effects only in the center (on top of music). Is there any way to invert the phase of the the FL or FR channel (which have a stereo mix of just the music) to create a "negative" that I could use to subtract the music from the center channel? I've tried some online dialogue removal tools which give ok results for the music portion, but the audio that remains for what's supposed to be the dialogue/SFX sounds really tinny and muted, and often still includes bits of audible music.

Immediately after posting this I remembered that DigModiFicaTion had brough up the Ultimate Vocal Remover tool back in December. I just downloaded it (1.6 GB!) and ran it on a test clip from the fight scene I'm trying to rescore and it sounds much, much better than any of the other things I tried.

Back
Top Bottom