• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

PC playback is fine but stutters on DVD player.

WyndorfDave

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am editing in Vegas and rendering an Mpeg2 on DVDFab. I used DGPulldown when ripping the file for editing. Could that be a cause?
Forgive my noob-ness! please!

Please post more details on your workflow. How did you rip the source? What did you convert to before importing into Vegas? How did you render out of Vegas? What did you use DVDFab for (rendering?)?

Be as specific as possible.

This is my first edit, so I will try and explain.
I ripped with DvdDecrypter, Demuxed and removed pulldown flags. I am editing an AVI in Vegas, rendering to Mpeg2. I am using DvdFab to create the DVD itself.

I didn't even know DVDFab could make DVDs. Apparently not, since it's all screwy on this. Try a different program, DVD Architect is the DVD maker that goes with Sony Vegas.

WyndorfDave said:
. . . I ripped with DvdDecrypter, Demuxed and removed pulldown flags. I am editing an AVI in Vegas, rendering to Mpeg2. I am using DvdFab to create the DVD itself.

Just in case you had - or ever have - trouble ripping:
Decrypter is pretty old, and has not been upgraded for years. (Got taken out by ARCOSS cops around the same time as RipIt4Me.)
It remains my first choice for ripping, nevertheless, though it can struggle with some modern DVDs.

I think DVDFab is the updated version of Decrypter.

The developer for Decrypter was LightningUK!.
He got his ass threatened, so he quit developing Decrypter
and replaced it with ImgBurn.
The interface is mostly the same, but there is no ripping capability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_Decrypter

wayne.workman2012 said:
DVD Flick is free... Works good for me.
It has some decent ratings...and it's free. I will try that, thank you!

I used DVD Flick for several years before moving to ConvertX
Neither are proper rippers.
From what I recall, both were for creating DVDs from files (avi - mkv - mp4).
Flick allowed you to make a very rudimentary, static menu.

I know you are still struggling with your edit, but I honestly think you would do better
by using some of the recommended software in FE tutorials, or sending a PM to some of the Jedi masters here.

ConvertX is also very good, although just a bit more advanced.

I do believe that DVD Flick is open source though, and I'm a big fan of Open Source projects.
It has a lot of settings for quality of video/audio and compression and there are tutorials
online for it.

If you do use DVD Flick, I'd highly suggest setting the audio bitrate from "auto" to 128kbps, i've had issues with that before on older dvd players.

I had a problem like this doing an edit for Dexter and It turned out that some DVD players can't handle video that isn't 29.97 native, so make sure your video is NTSC standard before making your ISO. I had mine a 30fps mixed down and it got all screwy but only on some DVD players.

Back
Top Bottom