• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

panning tracks to create 5.1 mix in vegas

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hello, I recently noticed that I misinterpreted how to create a true 5.1 track in vegas. After some feedback from my space con submission (klone) commented on my surround sound voice track coming out of all speakers I decided to investigate.

I thought in order to isolate a specific track to a specific speaker you had to click the speaker in the tracks 5.1 box...

instead I learned that you need to move the diamond in the center of the 5.1 box in order to pan the sound to the speaker you want that track to be isolated to.

I'm sure this is common knowledge for seasoned editors but its news to me.

here is an example of what I am talking about - note, this guy is an idiot and isnt explaining anything properly but this video at least visually illustrates what I am talking about around the 3:00 point:
[youtubewide:1uusoz23]

nah, in vegas blue is an activated speaker and black means off.
So all you have to do is black out every speaker you do not want.
At least this is how I have learned it and how it has worked so far.

here is a screenshot of a typical surround sound setting in vegas:
01aj.jpg

the video you showed, describes how to position a surround upscale.

well thats even better info.
I assumed that if you were working w/ seperate tracks and selected a 5.1 project everything would just fall in line naturally - that is not the case.
I will try your method tonight to see if it produces what I have been trying to achieve for a while.
as always, thanks!

for my screenshot I used true surround tracks. C, L, R, LS, RS, LFE.

Back
Top Bottom