• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Pacific Rim

geminigod said:
Umm, terrible? I'll take guillermo del toro over Ang Lee any day.

Ok, I partially take that back. Ang Lee has made some good stuff that I love. I'm just still bitter about The Hulk.

If I had to choose between Pan's Labyrinth and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, I really don't know which I would choose. Both are so darn beautiful.

Woo would have had robotic doves for sure. Ang Lee is capable with people as well as fx though.

Lee is overrated. He made a couple great films, and then some real crap. He's a more talented M Night

geminigod said:
If I had to choose between Pan's Labyrinth and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, I really don't know which I would choose. Both are so darn beautiful.

my head would asplode. I adore both these films. That said, neither of these directors is without flaw.

Nic said:

Nic, while it is always great to post links which the community might find interesting, your habit of posting ONLY the link without comment of your own or explanation has become a tremendous annoyance.

From the rules:

3. Posts should be constructive. If you post, please try and make it count. Posts consisting of nothing, but "That sounds great!" or "I am looking forward to this" or the likes, should be kept to a minimum.

If you post rubbish nonsense continuously, you are spamming the forum and will get warned for that and, in repeat cases, maybe even banned. We tolerate a lot here, but there are limits.

Participation in the forum is excellent and highly encouraged/appreciated, providing points to discuss are likewise appreciated, but random posts of links which might be relevant to the thread in which they are posted is frustrating and annoying. Please start providing some context for the links you post, and perhaps even why you think it is interesting for us to take the time to click and read up on.

Future posts of this nature will be considered violation of the forum rules and infractions will be assigned accordingly.

I'm sure that no annoyance is intended and we appreciate your taking the time to contribute.

I thoroughly enjoyed Pacific Rim opening night, but when I went to see it for the second time sans 3D I found myself becoming bored with it somewhat. I hope if Guillermo del Toro gets to make his sequel it will be a much tighter film with stronger character development and more interesting battles.

Back
Top Bottom