• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Opposing Video Statistics

Pedantic Contrarian

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Currently doing an edit and I've noticed that through investigating the files metadata on VLC that there are a few clashes which may be effecting the playback quality of said edit that I've been working on and showing to others the stats I got for the original files on VLC are as follows.

Both Films: 1920 x 1090 Resolution, 23.97 FPS, Sample Rate: 48000 Hz

First Film Codec: A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52)
Second Film Codec: DTS Audio (dts)

First Film Audio Bitrate: 640 kbs
Second Film Audio Bitrate 1536 kbs

What I am wondering is what would be the best conversion/rendering settings for my two film in one edit or would it be best to separate each film and make them separate edits due to the clashing audio bitrates and if 23.97 FPS isn't an available conversion/rendering option in my NLE would converting/rendering it to 24 FPS be a viable choice?

For the audio, I would do the lowest common denominator in this case. At some point the payoff only will happen if you have the expensive gear to give you that portion of uncompressed sound. Also, speaking of frequencies, the human ear can only hear sounds between 20hz and 20khz.

Compressed 640kbps aac files are an acceptable setting for your edits. It's compressed, but the difference between flac and compressed is essentially the space that isn't used. Think of vacume sealing a bag. It's just the essential information (yes I know that's an overly simplified analogy).

What NLE are you using? Most every NLE will have an option to set the fps.

For the audio, I would do the lowest common denominator in this case. At some point the payoff only will happen if you have the expensive gear to give you that portion of uncompressed sound. Also, speaking of frequencies, the human ear can only hear sounds between 20hz and 20khz.

Compressed 640kbps aac files are an acceptable setting for your edits. It's compressed, but the difference between flac and compressed is essentially the space that isn't used. Think of vacume sealing a bag. It's just the essential information (yes I know that's an overly simplified analogy).

What NLE are you using? Most every NLE will have an option to set the fps.
The NLE I am using is Final Cut Pro X, other than the 640kbs I am guessing all other settings should remain the same.

Back
Top Bottom