• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Once and for all: best project settings in Vegas?

thebutcher

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, I would like to know once and for all, what are the best project settings for a standard anamorphic widescreen project in Sony Vegas? Also, what are the best settings for a high quality export? Thanks!

Ooh! It's a good job you didn't ask this on the doom9 forum. They'd have hanged, drawn and quartered you for even using the word best! :)

I suppose, here as there, any answer you'll get will start with the words, "It depends..." :smile:

yup, it can be a steep learning curve but almost every source requires different combination's of settings. what worked great for my first edit wouldn't work at all for my second, etc, etc.
you really need to experiment w/ multiple settings to get the sweet spot each and every time.

It wasn't that dodgy of a question. OK, so it takes some experimenting, but what's a decent starting point? What works best most often?

Ziz said:
It wasn't that dodgy of a question. OK, so it takes some experimenting, but what's a decent starting point? What works best most often?

You can't just generically say that. Is it an SD or HD project? What format are you working with? NTSC or PAL? what is the framerate? what type of audio do you have? stereo, surround?

see what we mean? it varies. provide some more detailed information on your media and project and we can answer better.

Ok then, gimme suggestions - I'm ripping the SW GOUT discs to my computer so that I can re-burn them as no-frills true anamorphic format so that I don't have to fiddle with my TV's aspect ratio settings. I'm also going to use DVDFab to convert them to M4V for my nephew to have on his iTouch.

The only "fixes" I'm doing are adding burned in subtitles for Greedo and Jabba. These are strictly for my own use, there's plenty of people more knowledgeable than me out there doing proper restorations/conversions.

As of right now, ANH is a 300GB 720x480 AVI file. The aforementioned subtitles are done.

What next?

Back
Top Bottom