• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

ok on pc not ok on tv

ohmss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have just made my first disc with DVDLab Pro. My first attempt and, I thought, everything went perfectly.

I watched the files from the hard drive and checked all the buttons etc and ok. I then burnt the disc and watched it on the pc and, again, everything worked ok.

I then put the disc into both my cheap dvd payer and the Panasonic dvd recorder. Everything worked ok on both machines but I noticed that some of the picture is missing at the sides. I only noticed this during the titles, up until then it all looked ok.

I have checked the mpeg file and all the picture is there, checked the disc again on the pc and all is there, checked the film in dvdlab pro and all of it is there.

I made a quick disc in TMPG dvd author and it also has the bit missing from the sides.

Anybody had this before?

what do you mean with "missing from the sides"?
The visual area on a TV is less than on a PC, where you get the full picture. But I think it is not that, right?

Yes, I think that is it. The pictures of Godards "Contempt" look exactly like the effect I am seeing. The tv is a Panasonic and a few years old.

That site made for interesting reading. The referance to the commentary track on the Godard film reminded me of the Benny Hill sketch where he played an "arty" film director. The interviewer talks at length about the great dramatic moment when the film changes from colour to B/W but Benny interrupts him to explain that he only did this because he ran out of money.

Thanks for all the help and especially the link.

Back
Top Bottom