• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

No Center channel audio with Vegas.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I put this in the software section too, so one of them might need to be deleted, but here's my problem:

I'm working on a scene in Vegas and for whatever reason no sound is coming from the center channel. It's not muted or anything, and all the other channels and LFE play fine. As far as I can tell the volume level is up, so that's not an issue. I'm not an expert with Vegas, so is there something I may be missing that would cause just this one channel to remain quiet?

I'm using Vegas Pro 9 and the file is a .m2ts file with ac-3 5.1 audio.

not sure what your problem is, but I had something similar until I figured out that black means off and blue means on.

boon23 said:
not sure what your problem is, but I had something similar until I figured out that black means off and blue means on.

I'm not sure what you mean by black and blue.

Hmm, I just moved it to a new track and it works fine. I have no idea what I did to that track that is killing the audio.

Kevinicus you are a life-saver! I have wasted so much time the past two days trying to figure out why Vegas wasn't playing the sound properly when my other video players were and I could see the wavestream as clear as day! A pain to do, but copying all 6 audio channels to new tracks did the trick! Thank god. Now I can finally start focusing on the editing instead of the stinking recoding. If only I had known what a pain it would be to work in HD from a blu ray source a week ago... Hopefully the worst is behind me now.

Back
Top Bottom