• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST. Anthology / Volume 1 (2 dvd set 2009)

jswert123456 said:
it was good idea and good job overall, I just was wondering if Thats the Highest quality for those scenes.
Other than that i enjoyed it.
Thanks, and yes it is: I used the best Q ever released for all the alternate scenes and shots and corrected them as much as humanly possible in order to have them fit the film. Differences of quality are to be expected with FEs...

I understood that lower-quality deleted and alternate scenes were inserted into the film at places appropriate to the storyline, so of course I noticed those transitions and drop in visual quality, but it was a flawlessly pro job, and certainly - as a Freddy fan - a very cool thing to see and have as an option to view. I really liked it, I'd otherwise most likely never see a lot of those scenes again - and surely not in context - given that I don't have a VHS player for that 2-VHS special set I have which has many of the scenes (and a few endings) on the second tape. Thanks, Doc S.

Thanks Heisenberg, that was very nice. I wish I could have used better quality footage, but unfortunately, the Elite VHS & LD sets remain the only way to see some of these scenes (while others that were present on it were re-released in better quality in the Infinity DVD, a rather arbitrary choice!).

thank you!! i cannot wait to see this! the 2nd DVD for sure.

dr.sapirstein said:
It's still on. I went as far as I could with it until I get more unseen/alternate footage again, but it's a very long process., sorry for the delay. It will be worth the wait I promise. ;)

Image1.jpg

On a side note: I know the RS links to disc 1 and 2 are dead, I will re-upload them very soon, just got a few new F.E. to finish and upload before that.

no problem man, great thats still on.
love that cover artwork for it.

dr.sapirstein said:
Thanks Heisenberg, that was very nice. I wish I could have used better quality footage, but unfortunately, the Elite VHS & LD sets remain the only way to see some of these scenes (while others that were present on it were re-released in better quality in the Infinity DVD, a rather arbitrary choice!).

No need to apologize. The final product looked great; much better than I thought the deleted scenes would ever look barring a studio re-editing.

Did anyone have any trouble downloading the first disc with the Megaupload links? I don't know if this is a Megaupload issue or a jDownloader issue but parts 1 and 15 were downloading really slow for me, between 29-60 kb/s compared to around 500-600 kb/s for some parts and 1-2 MB/s for others. Not to mention that those two parts would only download for about a MB, wait about a minute and then download another MB. This kept going on for several minutes and then after about 5-10 MB/s had been downloaded it would say that I lost the connection and had to wait 5 minutes to retry downloading that part. The parts did finally download completely but it was really annoying and frustrating. I'm downloading the last 11 parts right now and everything seems to be going great. Part 36 did disconnect on me but it wasn't as bad as parts 1 and 15.

I've downloaded the new version, and I noticed Johnny Depp's ending could -in terms of quality- benefit greatly from its footage included in Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy. Did you see the documentary, sapirstein?

Kal-El said:
I've downloaded the new version, and I noticed Johnny Depp's ending could -in terms of quality- benefit greatly from its footage included in Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy. Did you see the documentary, sapirstein?

I loved that documentary, although it was a tad short. :lol: In all seriousness though, that is exactly what a documentary on a film franchise should be. Four-and-a-half hours long iirc, plus about an hours worth of deleted scenes. Even after that length of time though, I was left wanting more. Some of the films could have been discussed a bit more IMO. I did like how they spent a bit of time on the Freddy's Nightmare series though. It's a shame that "His Name Was Jason" was a paltry 90 minutes long, and "Halloween: 25 Years Of Terror" only 84 minutes long. They definitely could have been a lot better had they been given the full treatment like they did with "Never Sleep Again".

I love this edit. The transition to and from the extra material was amazingly done. Kudos.

Great stuff Doctor... really enjoyed this. Here's my review which I submitted to IFDB... btw... any news on part 2???

What's left to say about one of the most influential horror films of the 80's? Not much that hasn't already been said really. However, thanks to Dr. Sapirstein we have this edit from 2009 which celebrated the 25th anniversary of Craven's most infamous movie, an extended edit which not only reinserts deleted scenes, but also goes the extra mile in attempting to clean up these sequences and also use some alternate takes as well. The result, perhaps not surprisingly is a mixed bag.

Firstly, when you consider the condition some of the deleted scenes are in, Sapirstein does the absolute best that one can expect to try and intergrate them into the movie. Expertly edited they are too; if it wasn't for the difference in quality of the picture, you would never know that these were reinserted scenes. In many ways it reminded me of the way the Halloween 666 Producer's Cut was assembled - or at least the version I was able to see. By that I simply mean that whilst the drop in quality is noticed, it really doesn't matter when they are so skillfully put back into the movie. So, the picture quality varies naturally, but overall the results are excellent on the DVD version I watched.

The movie's also given some punch by a good audio mix, with perfect audio editing to complement it. No harsh cuts here - well, apart from Mr Krueger's knives of course.

Going away from the technical side however, comes the question of whether the extended version is as good, or any better than the theatrical cut we are all so familiar with. Whilst there are some great added moments, with Glen's extended death scene and the extra talk between the parents about what they did to Krueger originally, being particularly note worthy, it has to be said that one can fully understand why the scenes were cut in the first place. Most add little to the movie, and indeed some just plain slow the movie down too much. This becomes most damaging as we are given a longer scene of Nancy preparing her "A-Team" traps; you can almost hear the original editor and Craven whispering in your ear, "this has got to be trimmed". Having said that, I loved being able to see Nancy's dream fall just as she's entering the dream world to try and bring Freddy into reality, and Craven's original ending is a major plus point as it works so much more effectively than the original.

So, as I said, a mixed bag then, but one that is definitely worth adding to the collection of any self respecting Elm Street fan.

Back
Top Bottom