• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Night of Samhain, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Night of Samhain, The:

This edit was highly anticipated by several people among my family and friends from the moment that LastSurvivor announced it's inception.

It was an amazing treat for all of us who watched it. Among the ten people who watched it in our home theatre, most were either Halloween fans or fans of LastSurvivor's Bond edits. My brother and I are huge Halloween fans. We thought that the glitches we're intentional. They certainly didn't distract from our enjoyment. We made it a game to track the shifts from film to film. I knew Halloween III but didn't remember much about VI. My brother and his wife knew both films well.

It's amazing the artistry that went into integrating two films that barely had a common denominator into a piece of art familiar and completely new at the same time. To find junctions to interpolate the two films into one of cohesive understanding and entertainment is ingenious. My brother and I were enthralled. We got my Blu-ray collectors edition of Halloween III and his Blu-ray Unrated edition of Halloween VI and watched them back to back with Night of Samhain again.

It's an almost perfect example of why we fanedit and what can be accomplished by one person's vision and passion.

I'm watching it again soon. As always, you don't disappoint.

Thanks for the heads up on the release. It was well worth the wait.

A very enthusiastic recommendation.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/night-of-samhain-the/discussions/11377/

Back
Top Bottom