• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

new pc minimum specs

P.s. sorry for the godawful grammar, I send all these messages from a Samsung s4 mini which seems to really struggle!

Ok final call. I'm going to buy the above Acer unless advised otherwise. It has a crap graphics card, decent memory, adequate processor I hope! (i5 5200). If I'm making a mistake and about to spend £500 on a machine that is going to struggle editing blu rays in Sony Vegas pro 13 please tell me now! :-o

Should be ok. Desktop will always be quicker and a safer bet. But I have a laptop with an i7 4510U - not too much faster than the i5 5200 - and it is wickedly fast! Melts the battery when running full tilt, but when you need the power it's there.
I run it with an SSD though, with an external HDD, so that keeps the speed up.
I also have not done any HD editing with it, so I have no idea if it'll keep up.

Anyone got a similar rated CPU and does HD editing??

Here's a =2440&cmp[]=2570&cmp[]=2248]link to CPU performance comparison: your CPU (i5 5200U), my CPU (i7 4510U) - fairly similar, and then the i5 6600K "Skylake" desktop processor which is 33% faster per core and is also quad core rather than dual, hence the much higher rating.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm in the same predicament. I need to get a new pc for editing, and ive come across this one:

http://m.ebuyer.com/734660

Would this one be a good spec to edit on

JetSetWilly said:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm in the sane predicament. I need to get a new pc for editing, and ice come across this one:

http://m.ebuyer.com/734660

Would this one be a good spec to edit on

Yes. That has more than enough horsepower to edit.

For gaming its all about the video card. Editing video really benefits from a good processor and RAM.

Back
Top Bottom